113.1 Subject to Part XIV, no person shall feed the carcass of an animal or part of one to livestock or poultry unless
(a) the carcass or part of it has been rendered in a rendering plant in respect of which a permit has been issued in accordance with Part XIV; or
(b) [Repealed, SOR/2008-20, s. 2]
(c) it is processed in a manner which would prevent the introduction into Canada of any reportable disease or any other serious epizootic disease.
- SOR/97-478, s. 15;
- SOR/2008-20, s. 2.
Disposal of Diseased Carcasses
114. A veterinary inspector may order a person who owns or has the possession, care or control of an animal that dies of, or is suspected of having died of, a communicable disease or that is destroyed pursuant to section 37 or 48 of the Act to dispose of the carcass in any manner that the veterinary inspector may specify.
- SOR/92-585, s. 2;
- SOR/95-475, s. 4(E).
Animal Semen Production Centre
115. (1) No person shall operate an animal semen production centre or collect or process semen from a ruminant or porcine except under and in accordance with a permit issued by the Minister under section 160.
(2) Subsection (1) does not apply to a person who collects animal semen that is used only for evaluating the quality of the semen and that is not used in or exposed to any live animal.
- SOR/97-478, s. 16.
116. Every person who operates an animal semen production centre shall immediately segregate any animal that has been exposed to a communicable disease from all other animals in the centre that have not been exposed to the disease, or remove the exposed animal from the centre.
- SOR/78-69, s. 35;
- SOR/78-205, s. 5;
- SOR/79-295, s. 18;
- SOR/97-85, s. 70;
- SOR/97-478, s. 16.
117. (1) No person shall collect in an animal semen production centre or store in or distribute from such a centre or from an animal semen distribution centre, any animal semen that is affected with or has been exposed to a communicable disease that is capable of being transmitted in semen.
(2) Where animal semen that is affected with or has been exposed to a communicable disease that is capable of being transmitted in semen has been collected in an animal semen production centre or has been stored in such a centre or in an animal semen distribution centre, the person operating the centre shall immediately destroy the semen under the supervision of an inspector.
118. Where an inspector finds that animal semen stored in an animal semen production centre or animal semen distribution centre or other place is contaminated by bacteria, a virus or any other micro-organism capable of introducing disease in animals, he may cause all or any semen of the animal from which the contaminated semen was collected to be destroyed or order the person having the possession, care or custody of the animal semen to destroy any or all of it.
- Date modified: