188. Every person who exports a bison or a bovine shall ensure that the number of the animal’s approved tag is reported to the administrator within 30 days after the exportation.
- SOR/2000-416, s. 1;
- SOR/2003-409, s. 9;
- SOR/2005-192, s. 15.
189. (1) Every person who imports an animal shall
(a) apply or cause the application of an approved tag to the animal either before importation or as soon as the animal reaches its initial destination; and
(b) report to the administrator
(i) the number of the approved tag, and
(ii) enough information about the origin of the animal to allow the origin to be traced.
(2) The report referred to in paragraph (1)(b) shall be made
(a) if a bison is being imported, within 60 days after importation;
(b) if a bovine is being imported, within 30 days after importation; or
(c) if an ovine is being imported, within 7 days after importation.
(3) Subsection (1) does not apply to an animal imported for immediate slaughter.
(4) Paragraph (1)(a) and subparagraph (1)(b)(i) do not apply to an animal bearing an official tag of the country of origin if the administrator considers that the tag bears information similar to the information required on an approved tag.
- SOR/2000-416, s. 1;
- SOR/2003-409, s. 10;
- SOR/2005-192, s. 16(F).
PART XVIAQUATIC ANIMALS
190. The following definitions apply in this Part.
- “aquatic animal”
“aquatic animal” means any finfish, mollusc or crustacean, or any part of a finfish, mollusc or crustacean at any life stage, as well as any germplasm of those animals. (animal aquatique)
“eviscerated”, in relation to a finfish, means that the internal organs, excluding the brain and gills, have been removed. (éviscéré)
“finfish” means any cold-blooded aquatic vertebrate possessing fins and gills. (poisson à nageoires)
“germplasm” means semen, male or female germ cells or genetic material taken from a male or female germ cell for the purpose of producing a zygote. (matériel génétique)
“offal”, in relation to an aquatic animal, means waste portions including the visceral and non-visceral organs, cut-offs and raw material. (abats)
“species” means, in respect of germplasm, the species of the aquatic animal that it is from. (espèce)
- SOR/2010-296, s. 3.
- Date modified: