Information Obtained by a Responsible Administrator
189.1 A responsible administrator shall maintain a database and other records obtained under this Part.
- SOR/2014-23, s. 23.
189.2 (1) If a person who is a responsible administrator obtains information under this Part in relation to an animal or the carcass of an animal and that animal or carcass was previously located in a province in respect of which the person is not the responsible administrator, the person shall provide that information without delay to the responsible administrator in respect of the province in which that animal or carcass was located.
(2) A responsible administrator may allow persons to have access to the information that that administrator obtains under this Part for the purpose of providing services in relation to the database if those persons agree in writing not to disclose the information to any other person.
(3) Every responsible administrator shall allow the Agency to have access to the information that that administrator obtains under this Part.
(4) A responsible administrator shall allow any person to have access to the information that that administrator obtains under this Part if the Agency advises that administrator that the access is provided for in an agreement or memorandum of understanding that the Agency has entered into under subsection 14(1) of the Canadian Food Inspection Agency Act.
(5) If a person (in this subsection referred to as the “former administrator”) ceases to be the responsible administrator for animals of all or part of a genus, species or subspecies that are located in a province and another person (in this subsection referred to as the “new administrator”) becomes the responsible administrator for animals of that genus, species or subspecies or of that part that are located in that province, the former administrator shall
(a) provide to the new administrator the information that the former administrator has obtained under this Part; and
(b) after receiving from the new administrator an acknowledgement in writing that the transferred information has been entered successfully into the database or other records maintained by the new administrator, permanently delete that information from the database and other records maintained by the former administrator except if the former administrator has the express, free and informed consent of any person to whom the information relates to retain that information.
- SOR/2014-23, s. 23.
PART XVIAQUATIC ANIMALS
190. The following definitions apply in this Part.
- “aquatic animal”
“aquatic animal” means any finfish, mollusc or crustacean, or any part of a finfish, mollusc or crustacean at any life stage, as well as any germplasm of those animals. (animal aquatique)
“eviscerated”, in relation to a finfish, means that the internal organs, excluding the brain and gills, have been removed. (éviscéré)
“finfish” means any cold-blooded aquatic vertebrate possessing fins and gills. (poisson à nageoires)
“germplasm” means semen, male or female germ cells or genetic material taken from a male or female germ cell for the purpose of producing a zygote. (matériel génétique)
“offal”, in relation to an aquatic animal, means waste portions including the visceral and non-visceral organs, cut-offs and raw material. (abats)
“species” means, in respect of germplasm, the species of the aquatic animal that it is from. (espèce)
- SOR/2010-296, s. 3.
- Date modified: