TERMS OF AGREEMENT
9. (1) Every agreement made under section 3 (hereinafter referred to as an “agreement”)
(a) shall include a schedule listing the Acts and regulations, or any portion of the Acts and regulations, referred to in the definition “provincial law” in section 2;
(b) shall provide for the exchange between Canada and the province of statistical and other information relating to the administration and operation of these Regulations and the provincial law; and
(c) may contain such other terms and conditions as the Minister and the province may agree upon.
(2) Every agreement shall provide that the province
(a) for a period of five years will ensure, for examination and audit by the Minister or any person designated by him, the maintenance and availability of such records and accounts respecting the provision of benefits under the universal nursing home care benefit program of the province as the agreement may require; and
(b) will furnish the Minister with copies of the Acts and regulations referred to in the definition “provincial law” in section 2.
(3) Every agreement shall provide that Canada will pay to the province the contribution or advances on account thereof that Canada is authorized to pay to the province under these Regulations.
PAYMENT OF CONTRIBUTIONS
10. (1) Subject to sections 13 and 14 and to the observance of the undertakings contained in an agreement, contributions or advances on account thereof may be paid, on the certificate of the Minister, out of the Consolidated Revenue Fund.
(2) Subject to any allowance for depreciation calculated in accordance with recognized and generally accepted accounting principles, no contribution shall be paid to a province under these Regulations in respect of any cost incurred by the province or municipalities in the province for care provided prior to the contribution commencement day.
11. No contributions shall be paid to a province under these Regulations for any cost in respect of which the payment of a grant or contribution by Canada is authorized under any Act of Parliament other than an Appropriation Act authorizing payments in relation to the operation of universal nursing home care benefit programs.
OPERATION OF AGREEMENT
12. Every agreement shall contain provisions to the effect that
(a) the agreement will continue in force until March 31, 1976 so long as the provincial law remains in operation, and may, with the approval of the Governor in Council, be renewed each year for a period of one year by consent of the Minister and the province;
(b) the agreement may, with the approval of the Governor in Council, be amended or terminated at any time by consent of the Minister and the province;
(c) any schedule to the agreement may be amended at any time by consent of the Minister or a person designated by him and the province;
(d) the province may at any time give to Canada notice of intention to terminate the agreement;
(e) Canada may, at any time, give to the province notice of intention to terminate the agreement;
(f) where notice of intention to terminate the agreement is given under the provision described in paragraph (d), the agreement shall cease to be effective for any period after the day fixed in the notice; and
(g) where notice of intention to terminate the agreement is given under the provision described in paragraph (e), the agreement shall cease to be effective for any period after the day fixed in the notice or for any period after the expiration of three months from the day on which the notice is given, whichever is the later.
- Date modified: