70. (1) Where a person who has been determined to be disabled within the meaning of the Act fails without good cause to comply with any requirement of the Minister made under section 69, he may be determined to have ceased to be disabled at such time as the Minister may specify except that such time shall not be earlier than the day of failure to comply.
(2) For the purpose of subsection (1), “good cause” means a significant risk to a person’s life or health.
- SOR/96-522, s. 23.
Return to Work
70.1 If a person who has been determined to be disabled within the meaning of the Act returns to work, the person shall so inform the Minister without delay.
- SOR/2005-38, s. 1.
Request for Reinstatement of Disability Pension and Disabled Contributor’s Child Benefit
71. (1) A request for reinstatement of a disability pension under section 70.1 of the Act shall be made in writing at any office of the Department of Human Resources Development or the Department of Human Resources and Skills Development.
(2) The request shall be made within 12 months after the month in which the person became incapable again of working.
- SOR/2005-38, s. 1.
72. (1) The determination as to whether a person is entitled to have a disability pension reinstated shall be made by the Minister on the basis of the information and the evidence provided to the Minister under subsection (2).
(2) The applicant or the person making a request on the applicant's behalf shall furnish the Minister with the following information and evidence:
(a) the applicant's name, address and Social Insurance Number and, if applicable, the name and address of the person making the request on the applicant's behalf and that person's relationship to the applicant;
(b) the month in which the applicant ceased to receive the disability pension;
(c) the month in which the applicant became incapable again of working;
(d) the date that the applicant stopped working;
(e) the statement of a person qualified to practise medicine confirming that the applicant has a severe and prolonged mental or physical disability that is the same as, or is related to, the disability that entitled the applicant to receive the disability pension that is the subject of the request;
(f) the name of each dependent child of the applicant and whether the child is living with or apart from the applicant; and
(g) if the request includes a request to reinstate the disabled contributor’s child benefit in respect of each of the applicant’s children who are 18 years of age or more,
(i) the child’s name, address and Social Insurance Number, and
(ii) evidence, established in accordance with section 67, that the child is in full-time attendance at a school or university.
- SOR/2005-38, s. 1;
- SOR/2010-45, s. 6.
- Date modified: