36.1 For the purposes of sections 35 and 36, the expression “load” means, in respect of a safety cartridge,
(a) the installing on a cartridge case of a percussion cap;
(b) the filling of a new or previously fired cartridge case with a propellant explosive; or
(c) the assembly of a filled cartridge case with non-explosive components to form a safety cartridge.
- SOR/80-465, s. 1.
37. No person shall manufacture, import, keep, convey, sell or offer for sale any explosive that consists of chlorate of potassium or other chlorates in a mixture with sulphur or phosphorus without the written authority of the Chief Inspector and upon such conditions and subject to such restrictions as he may fix.
PACKING FOR TRANSPORTATION BY ROAD
38. In this Part,
- “inner package”
“inner package” means a substantial case, bag, canister, covering or other suitable container made and closed so as to prevent any explosive from escaping; (emballage intérieur)
- “outer package”
“outer package” means a box, barrel, case or cylinder of wood, metal or other solid material, of such strength, construction and character that it will not be broken or accidentally opened, nor become defective or insecure while being conveyed, and will not allow any explosive to escape; (emballage extérieur)
“propellant” means any authorized explosive of Class 3 adapted and intended exclusively for use as a propelling charge in ordnance or small arms; (propulseur)
- “special authority”
“special authority” means a written authority granted by an inspector to which may be attached such conditions as may, in the opinion of the inspector, be necessary to meet the special requirements of each particular instance. (autorisation spéciale)
39. The interior of every package shall be clean and free from grit.
40. Except as provided in this Part, no iron or steel shall be used in the construction of a package unless such iron or steel is covered with a suitable material or guarded so as effectually to prevent the exposure of such iron or steel.
41. (1) Except as provided in subsection (2), no person shall pack an explosive in a package that contains another explosive or any other article or substance.
(2) Nothing in subsection (1) prohibits
(a) the packing in one outer package of inner packages containing one kind of propellant together with inner packages containing another kind of propellant; or
(b) the packing of an article that is not of an inflammable or explosive nature or liable to cause fire or explosion, with explosives of Division 1 of Class 6 (ammunition).
- Date modified: