144. Any person having explosives in his possession shall arrange for and cause to be carried out their destruction or suitable disposition prior to or on the expiry of the relevant licence or Purchase and Possession Permit.
145. [Revoked, SOR/89-380, s. 2]
146. Any person may have in his possession any explosive on behalf of an inspector or a peace officer.
- SOR/82-779, s. 8;
- SOR/89-169, s. 8.
147. No person shall have in his possession an explosive that has been declared to be an authorized explosive if the nature and composition of the explosive, the limiting percentages of each ingredient of the explosive or the packaging or markings of the explosive are not in accordance with the particulars given pursuant to section 16.
IMPORTATION OF EXPLOSIVES
148. (1) An explosive named in the table to this section may, without an Explosives Importation Permit, be imported for private use and not for sale in a shipment that does not contain more of that explosive than the quantity set out for that explosive in that table.
(2) Christmas crackers may, without an Explosives Importation Permit, be imported for private use or sale.
(3) Caps for toy guns may be imported for private use or sale without an Explosives Importation Permit when packed with individual novelties, other than toy guns, and imported in a quantity of not more than 50 per package.
EXPLOSIVES THAT MAY BE IMPORTED WITHOUT AN EXPLOSIVES IMPORTATION PERMIT
Item Column I Column II Explosive Quantity 1. safety cartridges except hollow point handgun ammunition 5,000 2. percussion caps (primers) for safety cartridges 5,000 3. empty primed cartridge cases 5,000 4. gunpowder (black powder) in canisters of 500 g or less and smokeless powder in canisters of 4 000 g or less 8 kg 5. model rocket engines 6 6. pyrotechnic distress signals and lifesaving devices any quantity necessary for the safe operation of the aircraft, train, vessel or vehicle in which they are transported, or for the safety of the occupants
- SOR/79-1, s. 8;
- SOR/82-779, s. 9;
- SOR/83-851, s. 5;
- SOR/89-527, s. 1.
- Date modified: