Order Authorizing the Minister of National Defence to Rent Floating Equipment
2 In this Order, floating equipment means large, medium and small tugs, derricks and flat scows owned by, or under charter agreement to, the Department of National Defence.
3 The Minister of National Defence is authorized to rent on request, when commercial facilities are not available, floating equipment at the prevailing commercial rates for similar equipment in the area.
4 An agreement in the form set out in the schedule shall be signed by the firm or individual wishing to rent floating equipment.
The Minister of National Defence
National Defence Headquarters,
In consideration of the equipment known as being made available to (hereinafter called the “Charterer”) at the rate of the Charterer agrees as follows:
- To pay to Her Majesty the Queen in right of Canada the rental set forth above for the period during which the equipment is used by, or is held available for the use of, the Charterer, which period includes the time during which the equipment is moving or being moved to or from the place where it is intended to be used.
- To indemnify Her Majesty the Queen in right of Canada for any damage to or loss of the equipment or any part thereof caused by the negligence of the Charterer, his or its servants, agents or employees.
- To indemnify and save harmless Her Majesty the Queen in right of Canada from and against all claims for loss, costs, damages or expenses which may be incurred by reason of the use of said equipment, except where such claims occur through the negligence or wrongful act of Her Majesty’s agents or servants.
- That the hiring of the equipment to the Charterer may be terminated at any time by Her Majesty the Queen in right of Canada should it be deemed necessary or expedient by the Naval Officer in Charge of the equipment.
- The Charterer states that he has made endeavours to obtain privately owned equipment to carry out the work intended and that no such equipment is available.
The above-described equipment will be made available to you in accordance with the above at from to .
- Date modified: