73. (1) Unless otherwise permitted by the President of the Agency, containers of frozen Atlantic smelts shall be packed in accordance with the table to this subsection.
Markings on Containers Length of Smelts in Containers 1. Small size under 100 mm 2. Medium size 100 mm but less than 140 mm 3. No. 1 size 140 mm but less than 180 mm 4. Extra size 180 mm and over
(2) The length of a frozen Atlantic smelt shall be determined by measuring from the tip of the nose to the round of the tail of the smelt.
- SOR/81-374, s. 11;
- SOR/2000-184, s. 59.
74. [Repealed, SOR/96-364, s. 13]
75. In addition to the requirements of section 26, a container of whitefish shall be correctly and legibly marked in English of French to show
(a) the name of the lake of origin of the whitefish, including the name of the province; and
(b) the words “dressed whitefish” or “round whitefish” or “whitefish fillets”, as the case may be.
76. If graded for size, containers of whitefish shall be packed and marked in accordance with the Table to this section.
|Markings on Containers||Weight of Whitefish in Containers|
|1. Small||under 680 g|
|2. Medium||680 g but less than 1.35 kg|
|3. Large||1.35 kg but less than 1.80 kg|
|4. Jumbo||1.80 kg and over|
- SOR/81-374, s. 12.
- Date modified: