26. Where the Division Chief is satisfied that a lessee has complied with these Regulations and with the terms and conditions of his lease or any renewal thereof, he may, during the term of the lease, and shall, on the expiry or surrender thereof, direct that the security deposit or a portion thereof deposited pursuant to subsection 25(1) be returned to the lessee.
27. (1) During each year of the term of his lease and any renewal thereof, every lessee shall perform assessment work acceptable to the Supervisor of the value of $2 for each acre in the lease area, or of such other value as may be specified in the invitation to tender under section 5 or in the lease issued under section 6 or pursuant to section 19.
(2) Where in his opinion assessment work performed near a lease area serves to evaluate the mineral potential of the lease area, the Supervisor may deem the whole or any part of the value of that work to be assessment work performed in the lease area.
28. (1) Where, during any year of a lease, assessment work of the value required under subsection 27(1) is not performed, the lessee shall make a cash payment to the Receiver General in an amount equal to the difference between the value of assessment work performed during that year and the value of the assessment work required to be performed.
(2) Where the value of assessment work performed during any year of a lease exceeds the value of assessment work required to be performed under subsection 27(1), the Supervisor may credit the excess value of the assessment work performed to the value of the assessment work required to be performed pursuant to subsection 27(1) in any succeeding year or years up to 10 years from the year in which the assessment work was performed.
29. (1) Every lessee shall, within 90 days following the completion of each year of the term of his lease or any renewal thereof, forward to the Supervisor a certified statement in duplicate itemizing the assessment work performed and the cost of performing such work during the year most recently completed, together with any cash payment that may be required pursuant to subsection 28(1).
(2) Every lessee shall, within six months following the completion of each year of the term of his lease or any renewal thereof, forward to the Supervisor copies in duplicate of all maps and technical information that serve to record the assessment work performed for the year most recently completed, together with a report of the results obtained from the performance of that assessment work.
30. [Revoked, SOR/90-468, s. 2]
31. Unless otherwise specified in the invitation to tender under section 5 or in the lease issued pursuant to section 6 or 19, every lessee shall pay royalties on all minerals to which he is entitled that have been obtained from his lease area at the rate of five per cent of
(a) the gross revenue from the mineral output at the pithead, where the minerals are sold at the lease area before treatment; or
(b) the market value of the mineral output at the pithead, where the minerals are not sold at the lease area before treatment.
- Date modified: