37. The Division Chief may authorize the grouping of
(a) a permit area or a lease area within a reserve with other permit areas or lease areas within the same reserve for the purpose of
(i) providing a security deposit required under section 11 or 25, and
(ii) assessment work required to be performed under sections 13 and 27; and
(b) a lease area within a reserve with other lease areas within the same reserve for the purpose of qualifying for a renewal under subsection 23(2) or (3).
38. The Minister may authorize the grouping of a permit area or a lease area in a reserve with a permit area or lease area in another reserve or with a tract of land outside a reserve for the purpose of development or production of minerals under these Regulations, where councils of the bands for whose use and benefit the lands have been set apart in which the permit areas or lease areas are located, have approved a formula for determining the participation of the bands in revenues and other benefits derived from such development or production of minerals.
39. (1) A permittee or lessee may assign his permit or lease or any interest therein with the approval of the Minister.
(2) Where an assignment of a permit or lease
(a) has been approved by the Minister,
(b) is unconditional, and
(c) is accompanied by the registration fee set out in the schedule payable to the Receiver General,
the assignment shall be registered in the register kept pursuant to section 55 of the Act.
40. (1) Where a permittee or lessee has complied with these Regulations and with the terms and conditions of his permit or lease, he may at any time surrender all or part of his permit area or lease area.
(2) Subject to subsection 10(2), where a permit or lease is surrendered under subsection (1), no rental paid in relation to that permit or lease shall be returned to the permittee or lessee.
Use of Land Surface
41. Where a person requires entry to a reserve in respect of which minerals have been surrendered or where a permittee or lessee requires use of land surface in a reserve for the purpose of development or production of minerals, he shall obtain a right of entry or right to use the land in accordance with any provisions that may be made by the Minister under the Act.
42. (1) The Supervisor may
(a) enter upon and inspect any permit area, lease area or buildings and equipment thereon;
(b) require a permittee or lessee to produce any technical, financial and other records relating to the exploration for or production of minerals from his permit area or lease area; and
(c) take samples of minerals being produced and carry out any examination that, in his opinion, is necessary.
(2) Every permittee or lessee shall render such assistance as the Supervisor may require in the performance of his duties.
- Date modified: