PROVINCE OF PRINCE EDWARD ISLAND
IN THE PRINCE EDWARD ISLAND COURT OF APPEAL No. S1-CA-
(Name of Appellant)
HER MAJESTY THE QUEEN
as represented by the Attorney General
REQUEST FOR TRANSCRIPT
Chief Court Reporter of the Supreme Court of Prince Edward Island (or the Provincial Court of Prince Edward Island, as the case may be) located at (town/city) in the Province of Prince Edward Island.
Under section 82.09 of the Rule 82 — Criminal Appeal, you are hereby requested to prepare or cause to be prepared a transcript of the record in the proceeding known as v. , cause no.
- 1.The transcripts shall not include:
- (a)proceedings on the challenge for cause of a juror;
- (b)the opening address of the trial judge;
- (c)the opening and closing addresses of counsel;
- (d)proceedings in the absence of the jury except
- (i)rulings on the admissibility of evidence following a voir dire or otherwise,
- (ii)submissions as to the proposed content of the charge and the trial judge’s ruling thereon and reasons,
- (iii)objections to the trial judge’s charge to the jury and the trial judge’s ruling thereon and reasons,
- (iv)submissions respecting questions from the jury and the trial judge’s ruling thereon and reasons;
- (e)objections to the admissibility of the evidence, other than a statement that an objection was made; however, the trial judge’s ruling and reasons in respect of the objection shall be set out in full in the transcript.
|Note:||If the grounds of appeal relate to any of the above proceedings to be excluded from the transcript, making it necessary to have them transcribed, set forth the particulars of those proceedings below:|
- 2.On completion of preparation of the transcript, you are hereby requested to
(Signature of the appellant or appellant’s counsel)
- (a)deliver or cause to be delivered the original and three copies together with one electronic copy to:
Deputy Registrar Prince Edward Island Court of Appeal 42 Water Street Charlottetown, PEI C1A 7N8; and
- (b)notify the appellant(s) and respondent(s) that the transcript has been prepared and may be collected from the Deputy Registrar.
CERTIFICATE OF APPELLANT OR APPELLANT’S COUNSEL
I hereby certify that I have sent to the respondent’s counsel (or the respondent(s), if unrepresented) and to the Chief Court Reporter a true copy of the foregoing request for transcript by leaving it at (or mailing it by ordinary mail to) the following addresses:
or by sending the same by facsimile transmission to (state facsimile number) on the day of , 20 .
- SI/2012-2, s. 1(F).
- Date modified: