PROVINCE OF PRINCE EDWARD ISLAND
IN THE PRINCE EDWARD ISLAND COURT OF APPEAL No. S1-CA-
(Name of appellant)
(Name of respondent)
Affidavit on Motion for the Assignment of Counsel
I, (full name) , presently residing at , in the (city/town/village) of , in the Province of , MAKE OATH AND SAY AS FOLLOWS:
- I am the appellant/respondent and personally know about the matters referred to in this Affidavit, except where they are based on information and belief, in which case I believe them to be true.
- I cannot afford a lawyer because of my financial circumstances.
- my income last year was $
- my present monthly expenses are $
- my debts total $
- all the things that I own have a value of $
- I am not able to present or respond to the appeal myself for the following reasons:
- I applied for legal aid but was refused on: (day) (month) (year).
- I hereby authorize legal aid to release to the Registrar a copy of any information or material I have provided to them in relation to my application for legal aid.
- The following are the main points to be argued in this appeal:
- My case is complex and I will need a lawyer to organize and present this appeal for the following reasons:
- In my opinion I have a good chance of succeeding on this appeal for the following reasons:
Sworn (or affirmed) before me at
, Province of
- Date modified: