PROVINCE OF PRINCE EDWARD ISLAND
IN THE PRINCE EDWARD ISLAND COURT OF APPEAL No. S1-CA-
(Name of appellant)
(Name of respondent)
AFFIDAVIT ON MOTION FOR THE ASSIGNMENT OF COUNSEL
I, (full name) , presently residing at , in the (city/town/village) of , in the Province of , MAKE OATH AND SAY AS FOLLOWS:
- 1.I am the appellant/respondent and personally know about the matters referred to in this Affidavit, except where they are based on information and belief, in which case I believe them to be true.
- 2.I cannot afford a lawyer because of my financial circumstances.
- (a)my income last year was $
- (b)my present monthly expenses are $
- (c)my debts total $
- (d)all the things that I own have a value of $
- 3.I am not able to present or respond to the appeal myself for the following reasons:
- 4.I applied for legal aid but was refused on: (day) (month) (year).
- 5.I hereby authorize legal aid to release to the Registrar a copy of any information or material I have provided to them in relation to my application for legal aid.
- 7.The following are the main points to be argued in this appeal:
- 8.My case is complex and I will need a lawyer to organize and present this appeal for the following reasons:
- 9.In my opinion I have a good chance of succeeding on this appeal for the following reasons:
Sworn (or affirmed) before me at
, Province of
- Date modified: