117. (1) Foothills shall not, without the approval of the designated officer, use a borrow pit or quarry within or adjacent to a waterbody, swamp, marsh, bog or fen.
(2) Where the use of a borrow pit or quarry referred to in subsection (1) has been approved by the designated officer, Foothills shall take such measures as are satisfactory to the designated officer to protect fish and fish habitat in that waterbody, swamp, marsh, bog or fen, as the case may be.
118. (1) When directed by the designated officer, Foothills shall close and rehabilitate, in a manner satisfactory to the designated officer, any borrow pit or quarry that it uses.
(2) Where Foothills is required to rehabilitate a borrow pit or quarry pursuant to subsection (1), it shall, to the satisfaction of the designated officer,
(a) stabilize the ground surface; and
(b) re-establish vegetation similar to that in existence before the excavation of the borrow pit.
119. Where Foothills uses any granular materials, such granular materials shall be used in a manner satisfactory to the designated officer and compatible with any other use of such materials in that portion of the Province through which the pipeline passes.
120. Foothills shall establish blasting procedures satisfactory to the designated officer to minimize
(a) any adverse effects on bird, fish or mammal populations, and
(b) any interference with fishing, hunting or trapping
in the area through which the pipeline passes.
121. Foothills shall minimize blasting in or adjacent to any waterbody, swamp or marsh.
122. Where Foothills intends to blast, it shall advise persons living in the vicinity of its intention and of the time of the intended blasting.
123. Foothills shall, when submitting construction procedures and schedules to the designated officer for his approval and when constructing the pipeline, take into account any particular environmental characteristic of any water crossing by the pipeline.
124. Where Foothills submits a site-specific design for a water crossing to the designated officer for approval, Foothills shall include in the submission the information in respect of the hydrological and geotechnical conditions at that crossing that was used by Foothills in preparing the design.
125. (1) Foothills shall
(a) inspect every pipeline water crossing for evidence of deterioration in bank stability and stream bed condition, and
(b) when directed by the designated officer, monitor the consequences of any pipeline water crossing
in a manner satisfactory to the designated officer.
(2) Foothills shall report, within a reasonable period of time, to the designated officer the results of the inspection referred to in paragraph (1)(a) and, when required by the designated officer, the results of the monitoring referred to in paragraph (1)(b).
- Date modified: