88. Where Foothills submits to the designated officer for his approval proposals for the design and location of a compressor station for the pipeline, Foothills shall include in the submission a description of the measures Foothills intends to implement
(a) to control air pollution and to disperse and, where possible, reduce any ice fog resulting from the operation of the pipeline; and
(b) to preserve the aesthetic value of the landscape in the vicinity of the pipeline.
89. Foothills shall, in the operation of a compressor station, take such measures as are satisfactory to the designated officer to minimize any adverse effects of air pollution and ice fog resulting from the operation of the pipeline on
(a) the health or recreation of any person;
(b) transportation; or
(c) wildlife and wildlife habitat.
90. (1) Foothills shall, at each compressor station selected by the designated officer,
(a) sample and analyze air quality in the vicinity of that compressor station,
(b) sample and analyze gaseous emissions from the compressor station, and
(c) record the quantity and type of fuel consumed at that compressor station
by a method and at times approved by the designated officer.
(2) Foothills shall report to the designated officer, when requested by him, the results of the sampling and analysis and measurements referred to in paragraphs (1)(a) and (b) and the record of the quantity and type of fuel consumed referred to in paragraph (1)(c).
91. Foothills shall incorporate noise abatement devices in the design of any compressor station it installs for the pipeline.
92. Foothills shall, in the construction and operation of the pipeline, take such noise abatement measures as are satisfactory to the designated officer to minimize the disturbance by noise of
(a) persons residing in the vicinity of the pipeline;
(b) wildlife, referred to in section 94, where continued existence is threatened in the areas of land and waterbodies set out in the list referred to in that section during the periods of time set out in the list in respect of such wildlife; and
(c) livestock in the vicinity of the pipeline.
93. (1) Foothills shall, when requested by the designated officer and in a manner satisfactory to him, measure noise levels caused by the operation of pipeline facilities and equipment and shall report, within a reasonable period of time, the noise levels so measured to the designated officer.
(2) Where, in the opinion of the designated officer, any noise level reported to him pursuant to subsection (1) disturbs persons, wildlife or livestock referred to in section 92, Foothills shall take such remedial measures as are satisfactory to the designated officer.
- Date modified: