158. (1) Subject to subsection (2), Foothills shall not allow, during any withdrawal of water from a waterbody for hydrostatic testing, the rate of flow or depth of water in that waterbody to fall below such minimum as is specified by the designated officer.
(2) Foothills may withdraw water referred to in subsection (1) where the rate of flow and depth of water in the waterbody is below the minimum specified pursuant to that subsection if such withdrawal is approved by the designated officer.
159. Foothills shall, when designing or operating a camp water system, compressor station water system, granular material washing system or any other water-related system, design or operate, as the case may be, that system in a manner that will minimize the use of water.
160. Foothills shall, when carrying out hydrostatic testing of the pipeline, carry out such tests in a manner that will minimize the use of water.
161. Foothills shall appoint a qualified person to supervise the withdrawal and discharge of water for the construction or testing of the pipeline.
162. Where Foothills withdraws water for the construction or testing of the pipeline, it shall install screens satisfactory to the designated officer on all water intakes.
163. Foothills shall, in a manner satisfactory to the officer, furnish him with the details in respect of each water withdrawal or discharge used for testing the pipeline.
164. Foothills shall take such measures as are satisfactory to the designated officer
(a) to avoid spilling any test fluid other than as a result of the failure of the pipe when being tested; and
(b) to clean up the effect of any hydrostatic fluid that has been spilled.
165. Foothills shall not discharge any hydrostatic test fluid unless the fluid meets such standards of composition for such test fluid as are satisfactory to the designated officer.
166. Foothills shall conduct all hydrostatic tests of the pipeline in the presence of the designated officer or his authorized representative.
Roads and Other Facilities
167. Where Foothills is required to submit to the designated officer for approval the design and location of any permanent access road or pipeline facility, other than a road or facility on the pipeline right-of-way, and the procedures to be used in the constructing, operating or abandonment of the road or facility, Foothills shall take into account the local and regional environment including the following:
(a) hydrological characteristics;
(b) terrain conditions;
(c) ground thermal regime;
(d) wildlife and fish populations;
(e) land and water use for purposes other than for the pipeline;
(f) archaeological sites; and
(g) aesthetic value of the landscape and waterbodies.
- Date modified: