125. Foothills shall take such measures as are satisfactory to the designated officer
(a) to avoid spilling any test fluid other than a spill caused by the failure of a pipe when being tested; and
(b) to contain and remedy the effect of any test fluid that has been spilled.
126. Foothills shall, prior to discharging any hydrostatic test fluid, ensure that the fluid meets such standards of composition as are satisfactory to the designated officer.
127. Where Foothills obtains water from
(a) the South Saskatchewan River basin or sub-basin,
(b) the Cypress Hills basin or sub-basin,
(c) the Missouri River and its basin or sub-basin, or
(d) the Old Wives Lake basin or sub-basin
for use in hydrostatic testing, the water shall be returned to the basin or sub-basin from which it was obtained unless the designated officer permits or directs Foothills to discharge the water, in a manner satisfactory to him, into any other basin or sub-basin.
128. (1) Foothills shall conduct all hydrostatic tests of the pipeline in the presence of the designated officer or his authorized representative.
(2) Foothills shall appoint qualified personnel to supervise all hydrostatic tests of the pipeline.
Roads and Other Facilities
129. Foothills shall, wherever possible, use existing roads in the construction and operation of the pipeline.
130. Foothills shall, in the design, construction or operation of any access road or facility, other than an access road or facility located in the right-of-way of the pipeline, take into account, in a manner satisfactory to the designated officer, the local and regional environment.
131. Foothills shall consult with the government of the Province in respect of
(a) the road network required for the pipeline; and
(b) the nature, location and use of any
(i) storage area,
(ii) camp site,
(iii) staging area, or
(iv) facility site.
132. Foothills shall, unless the designated officer otherwise directs, render any access road built by it, other than a road to be used by Foothills in the maintenance of the pipeline, impassable in a manner satisfactory to the designated officer.
133. Foothills shall reclaim for agricultural use any access road built by it on agricultural land other than a road to be used by Foothills in the maintenance of the pipeline where so requested by the landowner or tenant of the land.
Machinery, Transportation and Construction Equipment
134. Where Foothills operates machinery, transportation or construction equipment within any waterbody, such operation shall take place during such time and in such manner as is satisfactory to the designated officer in respect of that waterbody.
- Date modified: