38. Foothills, in consultation with the Government of Canada, the government of the Province and the Royal Canadian Mounted Police, shall
(a) maintain security on the pipeline; and
(b) cooperate with and give assistance to the Royal Canadian Mounted Police to enable the Royal Canadian Mounted Police to carry out its law enforcement duties.
39. For the purpose of promoting effective law enforcement in the area through which the pipeline passes, Foothills, in consultation with the Royal Canadian Mounted Police, shall
(a) provide the Royal Canadian Mounted Police with immediate access to the pipeline and to persons employed in the construction or operation of the pipeline;
(b) provide sufficient information to enable the Royal Canadian Mounted Police to establish
(i) the nature and extent of the policing required on the pipeline,
(ii) a working arrangement between Foothills’ security personnel and the Royal Canadian Mounted Police, and
(iii) a system of reporting on policing matters.
40. Foothills shall not permit the possession by any person employed in the construction of the pipeline of a firearm or game hunting device
(a) on any portion of the pipeline right-of-way where construction activity has commenced, or
(b) at any time in a campsite established by Foothills or on any property, vehicle or aircraft of Foothills
unless authorized, in writing, by the designated officer.
Surveillance, Inspection and Monitoring
41. Foothills shall ensure the maintenance and availability, for examination at any time by the Agency, of such of its records pertaining to its activities in the Province as may be required by the Agency to determine compliance with this Part.
42. Foothills shall report to the Agency, at such times as may be required by the designated officer, on the measures that have been taken by Foothills in complying with this Part.
43. (1) Foothills, when directed by the designated officer, shall undertake special studies of the socio-economic impact of the pipeline.
(2) Every special study referred to in subsection (1) shall be forwarded to the Agency on its completion.
44. Foothills shall
(a) establish procedures and allocate resources for the purpose of assessing the effectiveness of its compliance with this Part; and
(b) on the request of the designated officer, assess the effectiveness of its compliance with this Part and report the assessment to the Agency.
Compensation for Damage to Property
45. Foothills shall be liable for any damage to property directly or indirectly caused by Foothills, a contractor of Foothills or a subcontractor of that contractor in connection with or resulting from their activities in the construction or operation of the pipeline.
- Date modified: