52. Foothills shall, if directed by the designated officer, submit to him for his approval a plan, to be known as the traditional resource protection plan, that sets out the manner in which Foothills intends to carry out the provisions of sections 50 and 51.
PART IIENVIRONMENTAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
General Terms and Conditions
53. Foothills shall
(a) plan and construct the pipeline efficiently and expeditiously; and
(b) minimize to the extent possible any adverse environmental impact.
54. Where, in this Part, Foothills is required to make plans, take measures or implement procedures in respect of the environment, Foothills shall
(a) incorporate in such plans, measures and procedures those environmental practices and measures ordinarily followed in constructing and operating pipelines in the Province; and
(b) comply with those standards established under the laws of the Province that are applicable to any pipeline constructed and operated under the laws of the Province except where such standards are inconsistent with the Act, any terms and conditions made thereunder or any other law of Canada.
Terrain, Landscape and Waterbodies
55. (1) Foothills shall minimize, to the satisfaction of the designated officer, the areas of land and the waterbodies to be used in the construction of the pipeline and the physical disturbance of any land or waterbody so used.
(2) Foothills shall take measures in the planning and construction of the pipeline to minimize, to the satisfaction of the designated officer, any adverse environmental impact on land through which the pipeline passes and on waterbodies or groundwater in the vicinity of the pipeline.
56. Where Foothills proposes a location of the pipeline or a portion thereof to the designated officer for approval it shall, in a manner satisfactory to the designated officer, take into account the effect, if any, of the construction or operation of the pipeline on the existing or potential uses of any land or waterbody or any sandy terrain with a thin layer of topsoil through which the pipeline is proposed to pass.
Prevention of Erosion and Drainage Disturbances
57. Foothills shall submit to the designated officer information in respect of those areas in which, and the periods of time in respect of those areas during which, the terrain through which the pipeline will pass may be particularly sensitive to erosion.
58. Foothills shall, in the planning and construction of the pipeline, take such measures as are satisfactory to the designated officer to minimize the amount of construction in any area and during any period in respect of that area described in the information referred to in section 57.
59. Foothills shall design and implement such erosion control measures as are satisfactory to the designated officer to protect the pipeline, minimize interference with any other use of land or water and to protect the environment of any area through which the pipeline passes.
Reclamation and Revegetation
60. Foothills shall implement such measures as are satisfactory to the designated officer to reclaim land, other than land used for the production of cereal crops, disturbed by the construction or operation of the pipeline to a level of productivity equal to or greater than that existing before construction.
- Date modified: