Marginal note:Signal word — height
23 The height of the signal word must be at least one quarter of the minimum diameter of a hazard symbol determined in accordance with section 22.
Marginal note:Other information — height and body size
24 (1) Subject to subsection (3), when the main display panel has an area set out in column 1 of the table to this subsection, the following information must be in type that is at least the height set out in column 2 and at least the body size set out in column 3:
(a) the primary hazard statement;
(b) the specific hazard statement;
(c) the negative and positive instructions; and
(d) the titles “FIRST AID TREATMENT” and “PREMIERS SOINS”.
MINIMUM HEIGHT AND BODY SIZE OF TYPE
Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Item Area of the main display panel Minimum height of type Minimum body size of type 1 less than 100 cm2 2 mm 6 point 2 100 cm2 or more but less than 330 cm2 3 mm 8 point 3 330 cm2 or more 4 mm 12 point
Marginal note:First aid statement — height and body size
(2) Subject to subsection (3), the first aid statement, except for the titles “FIRST AID TREATMENT” and “PREMIERS SOINS”, must be in type that has a minimum height of 2 mm and a minimum body size of 6 points.
Marginal note:Exception — quick skin-bonding adhesive
(3) In the case of a quick skin-bonding adhesive referred to in Part 4, when the main display panel of the container has an area set out in column 1 of the table to this subsection, the primary hazard statement, the titles “FIRST AID TREATMENT” and “PREMIERS SOINS” and the first aid statement must be in type that is at least the height set out in column 2 and at least the body size set out in column 3.
MINIMUM HEIGHT AND BODY SIZE OF TYPE — QUICK SKIN-BONDING ADHESIVE
Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Item Area of the main display panel Minimum height of type Minimum body size of type 1 less than 10 cm2 1.5 mm 4.5 point 2 10 cm2 or more but less than 35 cm2 2 mm 6 point
- SOR/2009-165, s. 8.
Location and Order — General Rule
Marginal note:Location and order
(a) on the main display panel,
(b) on any part of the display surface,
Marginal note:Exemption — small container
(2) Despite subsection (1) and subject to Part 4, if the main display panel of a container has an area of
(a) less than 35 cm2, only the hazard symbol and the signal word need be displayed; or
(b) 35 cm2 or more but less than 70 cm2 and more than one hazard symbol is required, the required negative and positive instructions, other than the positive instructions referred to in subsection 11(2), may be omitted.
Location on Main Display Panel
Marginal note:Location of hazard symbol, signal word and primary hazard statement
Marginal note:Base of collapsible tube
(2) For the purpose of paragraph (1)(b), the base of the main display panel of a collapsible tube is the end from which the chemical product is discharged.
Marginal note:Exception — short, wide containers
(3) If the main display panel has a height that is less than 10 cm and a width that is at least twice the height, the signal word may be located immediately beside the hazard symbol instead of below it.
Marginal note:Multiple hazard symbols
27 If more than one hazard symbol is required, the symbols must be grouped immediately beside each other in a row parallel to the base of the container.
Marginal note:Precedence among signal words
28 If these Regulations require that more than one signal word be displayed on a container, only the signal word that discloses the greatest hazard must be displayed on the container.
Location of Other Hazard Information
Marginal note:Location of specific hazard statement, instructions and first aid statement
29 The information referred to in paragraph 25(1)(b) must be
(a) left justified; and
(b) enclosed within a border that demarcates the information from other information displayed on the display surface.
30 The border referred to in paragraph 29(b)
(a) may include a series of dots or hatched lines, a difference in colour or shading of the background or some other graphic device;
(b) must be different from any other border on the label; and
(c) must comply with paragraph 17(b) and section 18.
- SOR/2015-17, s. 17.
Marginal note:First aid statement — order of information
31 The first aid statement must set out the following information in the following order:
- Date modified: