TARIFF OF FEES AND DISBURSEMENTS TO BE TAXED BETWEEN PARTIES IN THE SUPREME COURT OF CANADA
Part 1 — Counsel’s fees
1. Application for leave to appeal:
(a) preparation of an application for leave to appeal or application for leave to cross-appeal, or of a response to one of those applications,
(i) if dealt with in writing $800
(ii) if oral hearing held $1,000
(b) if no response is filed, for the review of an application for leave or application for leave to cross-appeal, at the Registrar’s discretion, up to $300
(c) preparation of the first copy of an application for leave to appeal, an application for leave to cross-appeal, a response or a reply, per page $1.35
(a) preparation of a motion or response to a motion,
(i) if dealt with in writing $300
(ii) if oral hearing held $800
(b) if no response is filed, for the review of a motion, at the Registrar’s discretion, up to $200
(c) additional fee for preparation of the first copy of a motion book, a response, or a reply, per page $1.35
(a) notice of appeal $50
(b) preparation of factum $650
(c) preparation of the first copy of factum, record, book of authorities and condensed book, per page $1.35
(d) hearing of the appeal, preparation for and attendance at hearing,
(i) fee for the principal counsel $2,100
(ii) fee for the junior counsel $700
(e) additional fee for appeals that are discontinued or dismissed as abandoned appeals $500
(a) fee to the duly entered agent,
(i) on leave $200
(ii) on appeal $500
(b) cross-examination of a deponent under Rule 90, at the Registrar’s discretion, up to $150
All fees are subject to an increase or decrease in exceptional cases, at the Registrar’s discretion.
Part 2 — Disbursements
At the Registrar’s discretion:
1. Fees paid to the Registrar under Schedule A.
2. A reasonable amount for reproducing documents required to be filed with the Court in accordance with a receipt from the printer or $0.25 per page without a receipt.
3. Reasonable amounts for other disbursements necessarily incurred in proceedings before the Court, including travel expenses accompanied by supporting documentation. Disbursements incurred for electronic legal research shall not be included. Kilometric rates must be calculated in accordance with Treasury Board directives.
4. Attach receipts for disbursements over $50.
5. The GST, or, if applicable, the HST, may be recovered for disbursements under items 2 and 3.
- SOR/2006-203, s. 50;
- SOR/2011-74, s. 63.
- Date modified: