Marginal note:Prescribed information
264. A transporter must provide without delay any of the following documents that are requested by an officer within 72 hours after the presentation for examination of a person carried by the transporter to Canada:
(a) a copy of any ticket issued to the person;
(b) a document specifying the person's itinerary, including the place of embarkation and dates of travel; and
(c) a document identifying the document number and type of passport, travel document or identity document carried by the person, the country of issue and the name of the person to whom it was issued.
Marginal note:Crew list
265. (1) On arrival at the first port of call in Canada of a vessel registered in a foreign country, the transporter must provide an officer at the nearest port of entry with a list of all members of the crew.
Marginal note:Amended crew list
(2) The transporter must maintain on board a current list of all members of the crew while the vessel is in Canada.
Marginal note:Final crew list
(3) Before the vessel's departure from its final port of call in Canada, the transporter must provide an officer with a copy of the list referred to in subsection (1) that includes any changes made while the vessel was in Canada.
266. On the request of an officer, a transporter must assemble without delay aboard the vessel all members of the crew.
Marginal note:Canadian registered vessels
267. On the arrival of a vessel registered in Canada at its first port of call in Canada, the transporter must notify an officer at the nearest port of entry of all members of the crew who are not Canadian citizens or permanent residents and, on request, provide the officer with a list of all crew members.
Marginal note:Reporting obligation
268. (1) A transporter must, without delay, notify an officer at the nearest port of entry of any foreign national who ceases to be a member of the crew for a reason listed in paragraph 3(1)(b). The transporter must record that information and provide it in writing on the request of the officer.
Marginal note:Failure to join the means of transportation
(2) A transporter must, without delay, notify an officer when a foreign national who entered Canada to become a member of the crew of the transporter's vessel fails to join the means of transportation within the period provided in paragraph 184(2)(b).
- SOR/2004-167, s. 66.
Marginal note:Advance passenger information
269. (1) On the request of an officer, a commercial transporter must provide on departure of their commercial vehicle from the last point of embarkation before arriving in Canada the following information in writing on each person carried:
(a) their surname, first name and initial or initials of any middle names;
(b) their date of birth;
(c) the country that issued them a passport or travel document or, if they do not have a passport or travel document, their citizenship or nationality;
(d) their gender;
(e) their passport number or, if they do not have a passport, the number on the travel document that identifies them; and
(f) their reservation record locator or file number.
Marginal note:Passenger reservation information
(2) At any time after a commercial transporter undertakes to carry a passenger to Canada, the commercial transporter must provide an officer access to its reservation system or, on the request of an officer, provide in writing all reservation information held by the commercial transporter on passengers to be carried to Canada.
- Date modified: