Marginal note:Fee — $100
312. (1) The following fees are payable for an examination for the purpose of entering Canada that is made outside the applicable service hours of the port of entry where the officer who conducts the examination is based:
(a) a fee of $100 for the first four hours of examination; and
(b) a fee of $30 for each additional hour or part of an hour of examination.
(2) The fees are payable at the time of the examination
(a) if the transporter's vehicle carrying the person to be examined arrives unscheduled at a port of entry outside service hours, by the transporter; and
(b) in any other case, by the person who requests that the examination take place outside service hours.
Alternative Means of Examination
Marginal note:Fee — $30
313. (1) A fee of $30 is payable for processing an application to enroll in a program for an alternative means of examination that is administered solely by the Minister.
(2) The fee is payable in respect of each person to be examined by an alternative means referred to in subsection (1).
Immigration Statistical Data
Marginal note:Fee for statistical data
314. (1) The following fees are payable for processing an application for immigration statistical data that have not been published by the Department:
(a) $100 for the first 10 minutes or less of access to the Department's database in order to respond to such an application; and
(b) $30 for each additional minute or less of such access.
(2) The following persons are not required to pay the fees referred to in subsection (1):
(a) an employee of the Department; and
(b) an employee of the Data Development Division of the Department of Human Resources and Skills Development.
(3) The fee referred to in subsection (1)(b) is payable at the time the service is rendered.
- SOR/2009-163, s. 17;
- SOR/2010-172, s. 5.
Marginal note:Travel document
315. A fee of $50 is payable for processing an application for a travel document issued under subsection 31(3) of the Act.
Services in Relation to the Collection, Use and Disclosure of Biometric Information
Marginal note:Fee — $85
315.1 (1) A fee of $85 is payable for the provision of services in relation to the collection of biometric information under Division 2.1 of Part 1 in respect of an application for a temporary resident visa, a study permit or a work permit and to the use and disclosure of that information and for the provision of services related to those services.
(2) The following persons are not required to pay the fee referred to in subsection (1):
(a) a properly accredited diplomat, consular officer, representative or official of a country other than Canada, of the United Nations or any of its agencies or of any intergovernmental organization of which Canada is a member, the members of the suite of such a person and the family members of such a person;
(b) a member of the armed forces of a country that is a designated state for the purposes of the Visiting Forces Act, including a person who has been designated as a civilian component of that visiting force under paragraph 4(c) of that Act, and their family members;
(c) a person who is seeking to enter Canada
(i) for the purpose of attending a meeting hosted by the Government of Canada, an organization of the United Nations or the Organization of American States, as a participant,
(ii) for the purpose of attending a meeting as a representative of the Organization of American States or the Caribbean Development Bank, or
(iii) for the purpose of attending a meeting hosted by the Government of Canada, an organization of the United Nations or the Organization of American States, at the invitation of the Government of Canada;
(d) a person who is seeking to enter Canada as a competitor, coach, judge, team official, medical staff member or member of a national or international sports organizing body participating in the Pan-American Games, when held in Canada, or as a performer participating in a festival associated with any of those Games;
(e) a person who is seeking to enter Canada for a period of less than 48 hours and is
(i) travelling by transporter’s vehicle to a destination other than Canada, or
(ii) transiting through or stopping over in Canada for refuelling or for the continuation of their journey in another transporter’s vehicle;
(f) if the application is an application for a study permit or a work permit,
(i) the family members of a person in Canada who has made a refugee claim that has not yet been determined by the Refugee Protection Division,
(ii) the family members of a person in Canada on whom refugee protection has been conferred, and
(iii) the family members of a person who is a member of the Convention refugees abroad class or a member of a humanitarian-protected persons abroad class; and
(g) a person whose work in Canada would create or maintain reciprocal employment for Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada in other countries and who is a family member of an officer of a foreign government sent, under an exchange agreement between Canada and one or more countries, to take up duties with a federal or provincial agency.
Marginal note:Maximum fee
(3) The total amount of fees payable under subsection (1) is
(a) in relation to an application for a temporary resident visa, $170, if the applicant and their family members submit their application at the same time and place; and
(b) in relation to an application for a work permit, $255, if the applicants are a group of three or more persons, consisting of performing artists and their staff, who submit their applications at the same time and place.
- SOR/2013-73, s. 4.
- Date modified: