Marginal note:Reasons for decision
174. On request, an applicant shall be given a copy of the file notes that record the justification for the decision on their application for protection.
Division 4.1Designated Foreign National — Requirement to Report to an Officer
Marginal note:Regular reporting intervals
174.1 (1) For the purposes of subsection 98.1(1) of the Act, a designated foreign national referred to in that subsection who has not become a permanent resident under subsection 21(2) of the Act must report to an officer as follows:
(a) in person, not more than 30 days after refugee protection is conferred on the designated foreign national under paragraph 95(1)(b) or (c) of the Act; and
(b) once a year in each year after the day on which the foreign national first reports to an officer under paragraph (a), on a date fixed by the officer.
Marginal note:Reporting on request
(2) The designated foreign national must also report to an officer if requested to do so by the officer because the officer has reason to believe that any of the circumstances referred to in paragraphs 108(1)(a) to (e) of the Act may apply in respect of the designated foreign national.
Marginal note:Additional reporting requirements
(3) In addition to meeting the requirements of subsections (1) and (2), the designated foreign national must report to an officer
(a) any change in
(i) their address, not more than 10 working days after the day on which the change occurs, and
(ii) their employment status, not more than 20 working days after the day on which the change occurs;
(b) any departure from Canada, not less than 10 working days before the day of their departure; and
(c) any return to Canada, not more than 10 working days after the day of their return.
Marginal note:Cessation of reporting requirements
(4) The reporting requirements in subsections (1) to (3) cease to apply to the designated foreign national on the day on which they become a permanent resident.
- SOR/2012-244, s. 1.
Division 5Protected Persons — Permanent Residence
Marginal note:Judicial review
175. (1) For the purposes of subsection 21(2) of the Act, an officer shall not be satisfied that an applicant meets the conditions of that subsection if the determination or decision is subject to judicial review or if the time limit for commencing judicial review has not elapsed.
(2) [Repealed, SOR/2012-154, s. 8]
(3) For the purposes of subsection 21(2) of the Act, an applicant who makes an application to remain in Canada as a permanent resident — and the family members included in the application — who intend to reside in the Province of Quebec as permanent residents and who are not persons whom the Board has determined to be Convention refugees, may become permanent residents only if it is established that the competent authority of that Province is of the opinion that they meet the selection criteria of the Province.
- SOR/2012-154, s. 8.
- Date modified: