95. (1) Subject to subsection (2), no person shall sell or import a natural health product that is packaged unless the natural health product is contained in a security package.
(2) Subsection (1) does not apply to lozenges.
(3) Subject to subsection (4), a statement or illustration that draws attention to the security feature of the security package referred to in subsection (1) shall be shown
(a) on the inner label; and
(b) if the security feature is a part of the outer package, on the outer label.
(4) Subsection (3) does not apply if the security feature of a security package is self-evident and is an integral part of the immediate container.
Cautionary Statements and Child Resistant Packages
97. Subsections C.01.001(2) to (4) and C.01.028(1), paragraphs C.01.028(2)(b) and (c), section C.01.029, subsection C.01.031(1), paragraphs C.01.031.2(1)(a) and (c) to (g), subsection C.01.031.2(2), and paragraphs C.01.031.2(3)(a) and (c) of the Food and Drug Regulations apply in respect of natural health products.
Medicinal Ingredient Representations
Imported Natural Health Products
Sampling of Articles
Tablet Disintegration Times
Sale of Natural Health Product for Emergency Treatment
(a) a reference in those sections to “new drug” shall be read as a reference to “natural health product”; and
- SOR/2004-119, s. 1.
- Date modified: