EMISSION-RELATED MAINTENANCE INSTRUCTIONS
33. (1) Every company shall ensure that written instructions respecting emission-related maintenance are provided to the first retail purchaser of every vehicle and that the instructions are consistent with the maintenance instructions set out for
(a) light-duty vehicles, light-duty trucks, medium-duty passenger vehicles and complete heavy-duty vehicles in section 1808, subpart S, of the CFR for the applicable model year;
(b) motorcycles in section 411, subpart E, of the CFR for the applicable model year; and
(c) heavy-duty vehicles, in section 38, subpart A, of the CFR for the applicable model year.
(2) The instructions referred to in this section shall be provided in English, French or both official languages, as requested by the purchaser.
- SOR/2006-268, s. 10(F).
EMISSION-RELATED INFORMATION LABELS
34. (1) In the case of a model of vehicle or engine in respect of which the Governor in Council has, by order, granted an exemption under section 156 of the Act:
(a) a label shall be securely applied to the windshield or side window of every vehicle of that model or every vehicle equipped with the engine of that model; and
(b) a label shall be permanently applied immediately beside the national emissions mark, or if there is no national emissions mark, in a location described in subsection 8(3) that is resistant to or protected against any weather conditions.
(2) The labels referred to in subsection (1) shall set out, in both official languages, the standard for which the exemption has been granted, as well as the title and date of the order.
Evidence of Conformity
35. (1) In the case of a vehicle or engine that is covered by an EPA certificate and that is sold concurrently in Canada and the United States, evidence of conformity for the purpose of paragraph 153(1)(b) of the Act in respect of a company shall consist of
(a) a copy of the EPA certificate covering the vehicle or engine;
(b) a document demonstrating that vehicles or engines covered by the EPA certificate are sold concurrently in Canada and the United States;
(c) a copy of the records submitted to the EPA in support of the application for the issuance of the EPA certificate in respect of the vehicle or engine; and
(d) a U.S. emission control information label, or in the case of a heavy-duty engine a U.S. engine information label, that is permanently affixed to the vehicle or engine in the form and location set out in
(i) section 1807, subpart S, of the CFR, for the applicable model year of light-duty vehicle, light-duty truck, medium-duty passenger vehicle or complete heavy-duty vehicle,
(ii) section 413, subpart E, of the CFR for the applicable model year of the motorcycle,
(iii) section 35, subpart A, of the CFR for the applicable model year of heavy-duty vehicle, and
(iv) section 35, subpart A, of the CFR for the applicable model year of heavy-duty engine.
(2) For the purpose of subsection (1), the U.S. emission control information label may be affixed to the vehicle or engine in any other form and location that may be specified in the CFR.
- Date modified: