45. (1) The notice of defect referred to in subsections 157(1) and (4) of the Act shall be given in writing and shall contain the following information:
(a) the name of the company giving the notice;
(b) the identifying classification of each vehicle and engine in respect of which the notice is given, including in the case of a vehicle its make, model, model year, vehicle identification number and the period during which it was manufactured;
(c) the estimated percentage of the potentially affected vehicles or engines that contain the defect;
(d) a description of the defect;
(e) an evaluation of the pollution risk arising from the defect; and
(f) a statement of the measures to be taken to correct the defect.
(2) A company shall, within 60 days after giving a notice of defect, submit to the Minister the initial report referred to in subsection 157(7) of the Act containing
(a) the information referred to in subsection (1);
(b) the total number of vehicles or engines in respect of which the notice of defect has been issued and the number of vehicles or engines in each identifying classification;
(c) a chronology of all principal events that led to the determination of the existence of the defect; and
(d) copies of all notices, bulletins and other circulars issued by the company in respect of the defect, including a detailed description of the nature and physical location of the defect with diagrams and other illustrations as necessary.
(3) If a company submits an initial report under subsection (2), it shall submit, within 45 days after the end of each quarter, quarterly reports to the Minister respecting the defect and its correction that contain the following information:
(a) the number, title or other identification assigned by the company to the notice of defect;
(b) the number of vehicles or engines in respect of which the notice of defect has been issued;
(c) the date that notices of defect were given to the current owners of the affected vehicles or engines; and
(d) the total number or percentage of vehicles or engines repaired, including vehicles or engines requiring inspection only.
Motor Vehicle Safety Regulations
Return to footnote 1C.R.C., c. 1038
(2) Subsection 5(2.1) of the Regulations is repealed.
47. Paragraph 11(1)(f.1) of the Regulations is repealed.
48. Schedule V to the Regulations is repealed.
COMING INTO FORCE
49. (1) Subject to subsection (2), these Regulations come into force on January 1, 2004.
(2) Sections 7 to 9 come into force on the day on which these Regulations are registered.
- Date modified: