Marginal note:Who may intervene
43. (1) A person who has an interest in an application other than the applicant, the respondent or an interested person, may intervene to support or oppose the application.
Marginal note:Time limit
(2) An intervention shall be filed with the Agency within 30 days after the person became aware of the application.
Marginal note:Form and content
(3) The intervention shall be in writing and shall
(a) describe the person's interest in, and support for or opposition to, the application and include any documents that are relevant in explaining or supporting the intervention;
(b) state the date on which the person became aware of the application; and
(c) indicate the full name, address, telephone number and any other telecommunications numbers of the person or the person's representative.
(4) The person making the intervention shall serve a copy of the intervention on the applicant and each respondent.
Marginal note:Agency's powers
(5) The Agency may refuse an intervention if the person making the intervention fails to demonstrate an interest in the application.
Reply to Answer or Intervention
Marginal note:Applicant's reply
44. (1) An applicant may, within 10 days after receiving a copy of an answer or intervention, file with the Agency and serve on the other parties to the proceeding a written reply to the answer or intervention.
Marginal note:Respondent's reply
(2) A respondent whose interests are adversely affected by an intervention may, within 10 days after receiving a copy of the intervention, file with the Agency and serve on the other parties to the proceeding a written reply to the intervention.
Marginal note:Content of reply
(3) In a reply, the applicant or respondent may object to the answer or intervention by stating the grounds for the objection and may admit or deny any or all of the facts alleged in the answer or intervention.
Close of Pleadings
Marginal note:Time limits
45. Pleadings in respect of an application shall close
(a) if no answer or intervention is filed, on the thirty-first day after the complete application is filed with the Agency; or
(b) if an answer or an intervention is filed, on the forty-first day after the complete application is filed with the Agency.
Marginal note:Interested person
46. (1) Any interested person who does not intend to intervene in a proceeding but who intends to make comments to the Agency regarding the proceeding shall file with the Agency, and serve on the applicant on or before the date set out in the notice of oral hearing referred to in section 50, a submission that
(a) comments on the application or the subject-matter of the proceeding;
(b) describes the nature of the person's interest in the proceeding; and
(c) provides any relevant information that the person considers will explain or support the person's comments.
Marginal note:Copy for all parties
(2) The Agency shall provide all parties with a copy of any submission filed under subsection (1).
Marginal note:No further notice
(3) A person who files a submission under subsection (1) is not entitled to any further notice in the proceeding.
- Date modified: