ACTIVITIES AND EXCEPTIONS
2. For the purpose of subsection 47(1) of the Act, activities that may, subject to section 3, be made subject to assessment are listed in column 1 of Parts 1 to 13 of Schedule 1.
3. Exceptions to activities referred to in section 2 are set out in
(a) column 2 of Parts 1 to 13 of Schedule 1;
(b) Part 1 of Schedule 2 if the activity is conducted in an area other than a national park, national park reserve and national historic site; and
(c) Part 2 of Schedule 2 if the activity is conducted in a national park, national park reserve or national historic site.
4. (1) A proposed activity of a proponent is an activity listed in column 1 of an item of Schedule 1 if the proposed activity is mentioned or included, in whole or in part, in column 1 of that item.
(2) The proposed activity is excepted from assessment if, for column 1 of each item of Schedule 1 in which the activity is listed in whole or in part, an exception applicable to that activity, or to that part, is set out in column 2 of the respective item, or in Schedule 2.
PROJECTS TO BE SUBMITTED TO THE EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE
5. Projects for which proposals are to be submitted to the executive committee under paragraph 50(1)(a) of the Act are specified in Schedule 3.
COMING INTO FORCE
6. These Regulations come into force on the day on which they are registered.
- Date modified: