235 Every MOU shall have on board and its authorized representative shall employ
(a) for each fast rescue boat on board, at least one team of three persons, each of whom hold a training certificate with respect to proficiency in fast rescue boats;
(b) for each rescue boat on board other than a rescue boat referred to in paragraph (a), at least one team of three persons, each of whom holds a training certificate in marine emergency duties with respect to proficiency in survival craft and rescue boats other than fast rescue boats; and
(c) for each of the lifeboats that are required for the evacuation of all persons on board, two persons, each of whom holds a training certificate in marine emergency duties with respect to proficiency in survival craft and rescue boats other than fast rescue boats.
Safe Manning Document
(a) the minimum number of members of the complement as established in accordance with section 234;
(b) the certificates to be held by the members of the complement in accordance with sections 177 to 183; and
(c) if applicable, any conditions or restrictions referred to on the certificates referred to in paragraph (b).
(2) The authorized representative of the MOU shall ensure that the document referred to in subsection (1) is carried on board.
237 The offshore installation manager of an MOU shall ensure that a deck watch is maintained in accordance with Parts 3 and 3-1 of section A-VIII/2 of the STCW Code.
(2) The offshore installation manager may be counted as a member of the deck watch.
(3) The offshore installation manager of an MOU shall ensure that each deck watch on the MOU consists of at least the following persons:
(a) a person in charge of the deck watch who
(i) in all cases, holds a certificate demonstrating that they have the necessary knowledge or have received instructions sufficient to allow them to be capable of properly operating the navigational and radio equipment with which the MOU is fitted, and
(ii) in the case of an MOU/self-propelled, holds, at a minimum, a Watchkeeping Mate certificate;
(b) an additional person who, in the case of an MOU/self-propelled of at least 500 gross tonnage, holds, at a minimum, an Able Seafarer certificate or a Bridge Watch Rating certificate; and
(c) a person in charge of the radio watch who is qualified in accordance with section 266, unless the person in charge of the deck watch is so qualified.
239 The offshore installation manager of an MOU shall ensure that the engineering watch on board is maintained in accordance with Parts 3 and 3-2 of section A-VIII/2 of the STCW Code.
240 (1) The offshore installation manager of an MOU shall ensure that the engineering watch consists of an engineer in charge of the engineering watch who holds, at a minimum, a Fourth-class Engineer, Motor Ship certificate or a Maintenance Supervisor certificate appropriate to that MOU’s type.
(2) An MOU that meets the requirements of Schedule VIII to the Marine Machinery Regulations may operate with periodically unattended machinery spaces if the remote control and monitoring systems in those spaces are inspected at intervals not exceeding 12 months and the inspection certificate contains a notation confirming the inspection.
DIVISION 4Foreign Vessels
241 The authorized representative of a vessel shall ensure that its complement consists of at least the following persons:
(a) the master;
(b) the persons needed to form the
(c) a person in charge of the vessel’s machinery unless the vessel is a cargo vessel, a tug or a fishing vessel with a propulsive power of not more than 750 kW; and
(d) if applicable, the persons required by the Safe Manning Document or equivalent document required by subsection 242(2) or (3).
Safe Manning Document or Equivalent Document
(2) The authorized representative of a Safety Convention vessel shall ensure that the vessel carries on board a Safe Manning Document or an equivalent document issued by the Administration as evidence that the vessel has on board the minimum complement necessary to satisfy the requirements of IMO Resolution A.890(21), Principles of Safe Manning, or any other resolution that replaces it.
(3) The authorized representative of a vessel that is not a Safety Convention vessel shall ensure that it carries on board a document issued by the Administration and containing, in English,
(a) the following identification information about the vessel:
(b) a table showing
(c) a statement by the Administration that the vessel named in the document is safely crewed when it carries at least the complement referred to in the document, whose members hold the certificates indicated in that document, subject to any conditions or restrictions referred to on those certificates;
(d) a statement of any conditions or restrictions on the validity of the document by reference to particulars of the vessel and the nature of the service in which the vessel is employed; and
(e) the date of issue and the expiry date, if any, of the document together with a signature on behalf of, and the seal of, the Administration.
(4) The authorized representative of a vessel engaged in the coasting trade shall ensure that there is on board an endorsement issued by the Minister that
Issuance and Validity of Certificates
(2) The certificate referred to in subsection (1) shall be
- Date modified: