Submission of Data and Analysis
76. (1) The operator shall ensure that a final copy of the results, data, analyses and schematics obtained from the following sources is submitted to the Board:
(a) testing, sampling and pressure surveys carried out as part of the well and field data acquisition programs referred to in section 49 and testing and sampling of formations referred to in section 51; and
(b) any segregation test or well operation.
(2) Unless otherwise indicated in these Regulations, the operator shall ensure that the results, data, analyses and schematics are submitted within 60 days after the day on which any activity referred to in paragraphs (1)(a) and (b) is completed.
77. The operator shall ensure that records are kept of
(a) all persons arriving, leaving or present on the installation;
(b) the location and movement of support craft, the emergency drills and exercises, incidents, near-misses, the quantities of consumable substances that are required to ensure the safety of operations and other observations and information critical to the safety of persons on the installation or the protection of the environment;
(c) daily maintenance and operating activities, including any activity that may be critical to the safety of persons on the installation, the protection of the environment or the prevention of waste;
(d) in the case of a production installation,
(i) the inspection of the installation and related equipment for corrosion and erosion and any resulting maintenance carried out,
(ii) the pressure, temperature and flow rate data for compressors and treating and processing facilities,
(iii) the calibration of meters and instruments,
(iv) the testing of surface and subsurface safety valves,
(v) the status of each well and the status of well operations, and
(vi) the status of the equipment and systems critical to safety and protection of the environment including any unsuccessful test result or equipment failure leading to an impairment of the systems; and
(e) in the case of a floating installation, all installation movements, data, observations, measurements and calculations related to the stability and station-keeping capability of the installation.
78. The operator of an offshore installation shall ensure
(a) that the installation is equipped with facilities and equipment for observing, measuring and recording physical environmental conditions and that a comprehensive record of observations of physical environmental conditions is maintained onboard the installation; and
(b) that forecasts of meteorological conditions, sea states and ice movements are obtained and recorded each day and each time during the day that they change substantially from those forecasted.
Daily Production Record
79. The operator shall ensure that a daily production record, which includes the metering records and other information relating to the production of oil and gas and other fluids in respect of a pool or well, is retained and readily accessible to the Board until the field or well in which the pool is located is abandoned and at that time shall offer the record to the Board before destroying it.
- Date modified: