Management of Records
80. The operator shall ensure that
(a) all processes are in place and implemented to identify, generate, control and retain records necessary to support operational and regulatory requirements; and
(b) the records are readily accessible for inspection by the Board.
Formation Flow Test Reports
81. The operator shall ensure that
(a) in respect of exploration and delineation wells, a daily record of formation flow test results is submitted to the Board; and
(b) in respect of all wells, a formation flow test report is submitted to the Board as soon as the circumstances permit, following completion of the test.
82. (1) For the purposes of this section, “pilot scheme” means a scheme that applies existing or experimental technology over a limited portion of a pool to obtain information on reservoir or production performance for the purpose of optimizing field development or improving reservoir or production performance.
(2) The operator shall ensure that interim evaluations of any pilot scheme respecting a pool, field or zone are submitted to the Board.
(3) When the operator completes a pilot scheme, the operator shall ensure that a report is submitted to the Board that sets out
(a) the results of the scheme and supporting data and analyses; and
(b) the operator’s conclusions as to the potential of the scheme for application to full-scale production.
83. The operator shall ensure that a copy of the following is submitted to the Board daily:
(a) the daily drilling report;
(b) the daily geological report, including any formation evaluation logs and data; and
(c) in the case of a production installation, a summary, in the form of a daily production report, of the records referred to in paragraph 77(d) and the daily production record.
Monthly Production Report
84. (1) The operator shall ensure that a report summarizing the production data collected during the preceding month is submitted to the Board not later than the 15th day of each month.
(2) The report shall use established production accounting procedures.
Annual Production Report
85. The operator shall ensure that, not later than March 31 of each year, an annual production report relating to the preceding year for a pool, field or zone is submitted to the Board including details on the performance, production forecast, reserve revision, reasons for significant deviations in well performance from predictions in previous annual production reports, gas conservation resources, efforts to maximize recovery and reduce costs, and any other information required to demonstrate how the operator manages and intends to manage the resource without causing waste.
86. (1) For each production project, the operator shall ensure that, not later than March 31 of each year, an annual environmental report relating to the preceding year is submitted to the Board and includes
(a) for an offshore installation, a summary of the general environmental conditions during the year and a description of ice management activities; and
(b) a summary of environmental protection matters during the year, including a summary of any incidents that may have an environmental impact, discharges that occurred and waste material that was produced, a discussion of efforts undertaken to reduce pollution and waste material and a description of environmental contingency plan exercises.
(2) For each drilling installation for an exploration or delineation well, the operator shall ensure that an environmental report relating to each well is submitted to the Board within 90 days after the rig release date and includes
(a) a description of the general environmental conditions during the drilling program and a description of ice management activities and downtime caused by weather or ice; and
(b) a summary of environmental protection matters during the drilling program, including a summary of spills, discharges occurred and waste material produced, a discussion of efforts undertaken to reduce them, and a description of environmental contingency plan exercises.
- Date modified: