Persons Who Are Required To Register
Marginal note:Report on measurement methods
35. (1) A person who sends a registration report must send to the Minister a report on measurement methods, signed by an authorized official, that contains the information set out in Schedule 8 on or before the later of the day that is 180 days after the day on which this section comes into force and the day on which they send the registration report. The report on measurement methods must provide that information for each facility, and for each province via which importation occurs, that is, or is to be, identified in the registration report.
Marginal note:Change of information
(2) If the information provided in the report on measurement methods — other than the information referred to in paragraph 1(b) or (c) of Schedule 8 — changes, the person must send a notice to the Minister that provides the updated information no later than five days after the change.
Marginal note:Decommissioning of a facility
(3) Subsection (1) does not apply in respect of a production facility that is decommissioned, and ceases producing gasoline, diesel fuel and heating distillate oil, before the day that is 180 days after this section comes into force.
- SOR/2011-143, s. 15.
Sellers of Fuel for Export
36. (1) A person other than a participant, or a producer or importer of renewable fuel, who, during a gasoline compliance period, sells for export a batch of renewable fuel, or of liquid petroleum fuel that has renewable fuel content, must record
(a) the type of fuel, from the following fuel types, that was so sold:
(i) renewable fuel, in which case, the type of renewable fuel must be specified and, if known, each type of renewable fuel feedstock that was used to produce that renewable fuel,
(ii) finished gasoline,
(iii) unfinished gasoline,
(iv) diesel fuel,
(v) heating distillate oil, or
(vi) another type of liquid petroleum fuel, in which case, the type must be specified; and
(b) the volume, expressed in litres, of the batch of renewable fuel or of the renewable fuel content in the batch of liquid petroleum fuel, as the case may be; and
(c) the province in which the batch was located when ownership of the batch was transferred.
Marginal note:Annual report
(2) For each gasoline compliance period during which the person sold for export a batch referred to in subsection (1), they must, on or before February 15 following the end of the compliance period, send a report to the Minister that contains the following information for the compliance period, for each type of renewable fuel by each province in which the fuel was located when ownership of the fuel was transferred by that sale:
(a) the volume, expressed in litres, of renewable fuel sold for export and, if known, that volume, by each type of renewable fuel feedstock; and
(b) the volume, expressed in litres, of renewable fuel content in each type of liquid petroleum fuel sold for export.
(3) Subsections (1) and (2) do not apply to a person who, during a gasoline compliance period, sells for export less than 1000 m3 of renewable fuel or of liquid petroleum fuel that has renewable fuel content.
- Date modified: