Marginal note:Sending complaint to person against whom complaint is made
47. If the Commission decides to consider a complaint, it must send a copy of the complaint to the person against whom it is made.
48. The person against whom a complaint is made may file a response with the Commission within 20 days after the day on which they receive a copy of the complaint and they must serve the response on the complainant.
49. If the Commission is not satisfied with a response, it may take any measures that it considers necessary.
Marginal note:Copy placed on licensee’s file
50. The Commission may place a copy of a complaint against a licensee and the licensee’s response on the licensee’s file to be considered at the time of their licence renewal.
Marginal note:Emergency telecommunications complaint
51. (1) A complaint seeking relief on an emergency basis in relation to a telecommunications matter may be made orally to a designated employee of the Commission.
Marginal note:Interim ex parte order
(2) If an interim settlement cannot be reached, the Commission may issue an interim ex parte order, in which case the complainant must file their complaint in writing with the Commission within five days after the day on which the order is issued.
Alternative Dispute Resolution Processes
Marginal note:Requirements to be followed
52. An application for the resolution of a matter under an alternative dispute resolution process must be made in accordance with the procedural requirements established by the Commission in Broadcasting and Telecom Information Bulletin CRTC 2013-637, dated November 28, 2013.
- SOR/2015-92, s. 1.
PART 3RULES APPLICABLE TO CERTAIN BROADCASTING APPLICATIONS
Application for Issuance of Licence or for Approval of Transfer of Ownership or Change in Control
Marginal note:Notice of consultation
53. (1) The Commission must post on its website a notice of consultation in relation to any application made to the Commission for the issuance of a licence under subsection 9(1) of the Broadcasting Act or for the approval of the transfer of ownership or the change in control of a broadcasting undertaking and must provide in the notice an electronic link to the application.
Marginal note:Service not required
(2) Paragraph 22(1)(b) does not apply to such an application.
- SOR/2015-215, s. 3.
Marginal note:Application considered an intervention
54. If two or more applications for the issuance of a licence are made in respect of the same area or locality and it is reasonable to believe that not all applications will be approved, each application is considered to be an intervention in respect of the others but sections 26 and 27 do not apply.
- Date modified: