62. The other parties may file an answer with the Commission within 10 days after the day on which the application for interim costs is filed and they must serve their answer on all parties.
Marginal note:Criteria for awarding interim costs
63. The Commission must determine whether to award interim costs and the amount that is to be awarded on the basis of the following criteria:
(a) whether the applicant has, or is the representative of a group or a class of subscribers that has, an interest in the outcome of the proceeding;
(b) the extent to which the applicant can assist the Commission in developing a better understanding of the matters to be considered;
(c) whether the applicant has sufficient financial resources to participate effectively in the proceeding; and
(d) whether the applicant undertook to participate in the proceeding in a responsible way.
Marginal note:Application for final costs
64. A party that has been awarded interim costs is required to file an application for final costs with the Commission.
Marginal note:Deadline for filing application for final costs
65. An application for final costs must be filed no later than 30 days after the day fixed by the Commission for the filing of final representations with it.
Marginal note:Content of application for final costs
66. (1) In the application, the applicant must
(a) demonstrate that they
(i) have, or represent a group or a class of subscribers that has, an interest in the outcome of the proceeding,
(ii) assisted the Commission in developing a better understanding of the matters that were considered, and
(iii) participated in the proceeding in a responsible way;
(b) identify the respondents that should pay the costs; and
(c) if interim costs were awarded to them, provide an explanation of any difference between those interim costs and the final costs for which they are applying.
Marginal note:Documents to be attached
(2) The applicant must attach to the application the appropriate taxation forms listed in Broadcasting and Telecom Information Bulletin CRTC 2010-453, as amended from time to time.
(3) The applicant must serve the application on all other parties.
67. The other parties may file an answer with the Commission within 10 days after the day on which the application for final costs is filed and they must serve their answer on all parties.
- Date modified: