67. The other parties may file an answer with the Commission within 10 days after the day on which the application for final costs is filed and they must serve their answer on all parties.
Marginal note:Criteria for awarding final costs
68. The Commission must determine whether to award final costs and the maximum percentage of costs that is to be awarded on the basis of the following criteria:
(a) whether the applicant had, or was the representative of a group or a class of subscribers that had, an interest in the outcome of the proceeding;
(b) the extent to which the applicant assisted the Commission in developing a better understanding of the matters that were considered; and
(c) whether the applicant participated in the proceeding in a responsible way.
Marginal note:Taxing officer
69. If the Commission appoints a taxing officer, it must set out the procedure to be followed by the officer.
Fixing and Taxing of Costs
Marginal note:Criteria for fixing and taxing costs
70. (1) In fixing costs or taxing final costs, the Commission or the taxing officer, as the case may be, must take into consideration any financial assistance received by the applicant from all sources for the purpose of participating in Commission proceedings under the Telecommunications Act.
(2) The total amount of the costs must not exceed the total amount of costs necessarily and reasonably incurred by the applicant or the costs set out in the scale of costs established by the Commission under subsection 56(2) of the Telecommunications Act.
Application to Review, Rescind or Vary a Decision of the Commission
Marginal note:Deadline for filing application to review, rescind or vary a decision
71. (1) An application to review, rescind or vary a decision of the Commission under section 62 of the Telecommunications Act must be filed with the Commission within 90 days after the date of the decision.
Marginal note:Extension of deadline
(2) The Commission may extend that deadline if it is of the opinion that it is just and equitable to do so.
Request for Information
Marginal note:Request for information
72. If the Commission is of the opinion that it is in the public interest to permit requests for information from one party to another, it may give that permission in the notice of consultation.
Marginal note:Filing and service
73. The requesting party must file a request for information with the Commission on or before the deadline established by the Commission in the notice of consultation and they must serve the request on the party to whom it is addressed.
- Date modified: