11. In broadcasting matters, the Commission may approve the whole or any part of an application or grant any relief in addition to or in substitution for the relief applied for.
Note: Section 60 of the Telecommunications Act provides in part for the same rule in relation to telecommunications matters.
Marginal note:Computation of time
12. (1) Sections 26 to 29 of the Interpretation Act apply to the computation of a time period set out in these Rules or a decision, notice of consultation, regulatory policy or information bulletin, except that
(a) Saturday is considered to be a holiday;
(b) a time period for the filing of a document with the Commission ends at 5:00 p.m., Vancouver time; and
(c) the period beginning on December 21 in one year and ending on January 7 in the following year must not be included in the computation of a time period.
Marginal note:Calendar days
(2) A time period is computed in calendar days.
Filing and Service of Documents
Marginal note:Filing of documents
13. (1) A document must be filed with the Commission
(a) in the case of an application, by sending the document to the Office of the Secretary General by any electronic means that permits its intelligible reception, as set out in Broadcasting and Telecom Information Bulletin CRTC 2010-453, as amended from time to time; and
(b) in the case of any other document, by delivering it by hand to the Office of the Secretary General, or sending it to the Office by mail or any electronic means that permits its intelligible reception.
Marginal note:Filing at public hearing
(2) When a public hearing of the Commission is in progress, a document may also be filed with the Commission by delivering the document by hand to the secretary of the hearing.
Marginal note:Record of transmission
(3) If a document is sent by electronic means, the sender must keep proof of the sending and the receipt of the document for 180 days after the day on which it is filed.
Marginal note:Alternative format
14. (1) A person with a disability or their designated representative may request that a party whose document has been posted on the Commission’s website file the document with the Commission in the alternative format specified by the person or representative. The request must be served on the party within five days after the day on which the document was posted.
Marginal note:Response to request
(2) Within five days after the day on which a party was served with the request, the party must file with the Commission and serve on the person or representative
(a) the document in the specified alternative format or in an alternative format that was agreed to by the person or representative; or
(b) the reasons why the party cannot file the document in an alternative format.
(3) Within five days after the day on which the person or representative was served with the document or the reasons, they may file a reply with the Commission.
Marginal note:Request of Commission
(4) Failing an agreement between the person or representative and the party, the Commission may request the party to file the document with the Commission in the alternative format specified by the Commission and serve it on the person or representative.
- Date modified: