RIOT CONTROL AGENTS
24. This Part does not apply to riot control agents that are intended to be used by an individual for personal defence.
25. (1) Unless the information has already been submitted to the National Authority, any person that holds a riot control agent for riot control purposes must make, within 90 days after the day on which these Regulations come into force or of the beginning of the holding, as the case may be, a declaration to the National Authority that is signed and dated by the declarant or, in the case of a corporation, by its authorized representative and that contains the following information:
(a) the name and contact information of the declarant;
(b) if applicable, the name, position and contact information of the authorized representative; and
(c) for each riot control agent, its IUPAC name and CAS registry number or, if no CAS registry number has been assigned, its structural formula.
(2) The declarant must notify the National Authority in writing of any changes to the information contained in their declaration within 30 days after the day of the change.
RETENTION OF DOCUMENTS
Marginal note:Retention of documents
26. (1) For the application of paragraph 11(b) of the Act, the prescribed documents are those related to the carrying out of any of the activities referred to in section 11 of the Act, including
(a) inventory and accounting records;
(b) operational records;
(c) chemical waste disposal records;
(d) records of receipt and inventory of raw materials and catalysts;
(e) batch records or cards and quality control reports; and
(f) records of transfers of toxic chemicals or their precursors listed in one of the Schedules of Chemicals set out in the Annex on Chemicals in the Convention.
Marginal note:Period of retention
(2) The documents must be kept and maintained for at least five years after the day on which they are created.
COMING INTO FORCE
27. These Regulations come into force on the day on which they are registered.
- Date modified: