Annual Declaration of Anticipated Activities
18. (1) Any person that anticipates producing, during the following calendar year, more than three tonnes of a Schedule 3 chemical at a plant site must make, no later than September 15 of the current year, an annual declaration of the activities that are anticipated to be carried out during the calendar year to the National Authority that is signed and dated by the declarant or, in the case of a corporation, by its authorized representative and that contains, in addition to the information set out in paragraphs 16(a) to (d), the following information for each Schedule 3 chemical referred to in the declaration:
(a) its IUPAC name and CAS registry number or, if no CAS registry number has been assigned, its structural formula;
(b) the total quantity that is anticipated to be produced, expressed in tonnes; and
(c) the purposes for which it will be produced.
Marginal note:Notice of additional production activities
(2) The declarant must notify the National Authority in writing of any additional production activity that is anticipated to be carried out during the year referred to in the declaration not less than 15 days before the production activity begins.
Declarations Regarding Exports and Imports
Marginal note:Initial declaration
19. Unless the information has already been submitted to the National Authority, any person that, during a calendar year that falls within the period beginning on January 1, 1996 and ending at the end of the calendar year before the coming into force of these Regulations, exported or imported any quantity of a Schedule 3 chemical referred to in section 15 must make, within 90 days after the day on which these Regulations come into force, an initial declaration to the National Authority that is signed and dated by the declarant or, in the case of a corporation, by its authorized representative and that contains, for each calendar year referred to in this section during which an activity referred to in this section was carried out, the following information:
(a) the name and contact information of the declarant;
(b) if applicable, the name, position and contact information of the authorized representative; and
(c) as the case may be, each of the quantities of each Schedule 3 chemical exported or imported, expressed in kilograms or in tonnes, and the country of final destination or the country from which the chemical was imported.
Marginal note:Annual declaration of past activities
20. Any person that, during a calendar year, exports or imports any quantity of a Schedule 3 chemical referred to in section 15 must make, no later than February 28 of the following year, an annual declaration of the calendar year’s activities to the National Authority that is signed and dated by the declarant or, in the case of a corporation, by its authorized representative and that contains the information set out in paragraphs 19(a) to (c).
DISCRETE ORGANIC CHEMICALS
21. (1) Subject to subsection (2), this Part applies to plant sites
(a) where, during a calendar year, more than 200 tonnes of discrete organic chemicals are produced by synthesis; or
(b) that consist of one or more plants where, during a calendar year, more than 30 tonnes of a PSF chemical are produced by synthesis.
(2) This Part does not apply to plant sites where a person produces exclusively explosives, hydrocarbons or alcoholic beverages.
- Date modified: