Obtaining a Compliance Notice — Temporary Procedure
808 (1) For a period of one year beginning on the day on which these Regulations come into force, the builder, manufacturer, rebuilder or importer of a vessel may obtain a compliance notice by submitting an application in writing to the Minister in the form established by the Minister.
(2) In the case of a vessel that is not more than 6 m in length, other than a personal watercraft that is constructed, manufactured or rebuilt in accordance with ISO 13590, the application shall contain the information set out in the construction standards that is necessary to enable the Minister to calculate the recommended maximum safe limits for that vessel.
809 If the information provided with an application for a compliance notice is accurate, the Minister shall issue a compliance notice.
810 No person shall
(a) remove or alter a compliance notice on a vessel, or a builder’s plate on a personal watercraft, except in accordance with section 811;
(b) deface a compliance notice;
(c) attach to a vessel, except in accordance with this Part, any form of notice, plate or label indicating that the vessel meets the construction requirements;
(d) attach to a vessel a compliance notice that contains untrue information;
(e) submit an application required under this Part that contains untrue information; or
(f) establish a document or record required under this Part that contains untrue information.
- SOR/2013-235, s. 34.
Replacement of a Compliance Notice
811 (1) A person may remove a compliance notice in order to attach a new compliance notice provided by the builder, manufacturer, rebuilder or importer to correct the information contained on a compliance notice.
(2) The owner of a vessel may, on informing the Minister, remove a compliance notice if the notice becomes illegible, or if its removal is necessary in order to conduct repairs, and replace it with a new one reproducing the same information. The owner shall retain the original compliance notice, or photographs or documents containing the information that appeared on the notice.
812 A person who obtains a new compliance notice for a vessel shall
(a) if the vessel has been fitted with a compliance notice in the form of a label, attach the new compliance notice over the existing compliance notice; or
(b) if the vessel has been fitted with a compliance notice in the form of a plate, remove and retain the plate before attaching the new compliance notice.
PART 9HULL SERIAL NUMBERS
(2) Section 902 applies in respect of all vessels in Canada.
(3) This Part, except section 902, does not apply in respect of
(a) a vessel that is registered in another country as having the right to fly the flag of that country;
(b) a vessel that is registered under the Act, other than a vessel registered in the small vessel register;
(c) a vessel that is not licensed or registered under the Act and that is principally maintained and operated in another country;
(d) a tug; or
(e) a floating object that is less than 2 m in length and that is not designed to be propelled by an engine.
(4) Section 903 does not apply in respect of a vessel, other than a pleasure craft, whose date of construction, manufacture, rebuilding or importation is on or before the day on which these Regulations come into force or within one year after that day.
- Date modified: