CIRCUMSTANCES UNDER WHICH INFORMATION NEED NOT BE PROVIDED
3. (1) An institution is not required to provide the information referred to in subsection 448.3(1) or 566.1(1) of the Bank Act, subsection 385.131(1) of the Cooperative Credit Associations Act or subsection 434.1(1) of the Trust and Loan Companies Act if
(a) the account to be opened, or the product or service in respect of which an agreement is to be entered into, will form part of a customer’s existing registered product; and
(b) the customer has been previously advised in writing of all charges in respect of the registered product.
Marginal note:Trust and loan companies
(2) A company, as defined in section 2 of the Trust and Loan Companies Act, is not required to provide the information referred to in subsection 434.1(1) of that Act or section 4 if
(a) the account to be opened is being opened by the company solely for the purpose of acting as trustee in respect of the registered product; or
(b) the agreement to be entered into is an agreement that the company is entering into solely for the purpose of acting as trustee in respect of the registered product.
Marginal note:Notice of amendments
4. Before amending any terms and conditions in respect of a registered product, the institution must disclose the proposed amendment in writing to the person to whom the product was provided.
LIST OF CHARGES
Marginal note:Branches and websites
5. (1) An institution must maintain a list of the charges applicable to registered products at each of its branches and points of service where registered products are offered in Canada and on each of its websites through which registered products are offered in Canada.
Marginal note:Making list available
(2) An institution must, on request, make the list available to its customers and to the public for inspection during business hours at each of the branches and points of service referred to in subsection (1).
COMING INTO FORCE
Marginal note:August 1, 2011
6. These Regulations come into force on November 1, 2011.
- Date modified: