PART 2Annual Charge
Marginal note:Payable annually
Marginal note:Timing of payment
(2) The annual charge is payable
Marginal note:Certified records
(3) When the annual charge is paid under paragraph (1)(b), the registrant must, when paying it in full or when making the first quarterly instalment, provide the Minister with the records of the sales in Canada for the fiscal year referred to in that paragraph, prepared in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and certified by the individual responsible for the registrant’s financial affairs.
Marginal note:Audited records
(4) If the Minister determines, on the basis of any information available to him or her, that the certified records are not adequate to calculate the annual charge, the Minister may require that the registrant provide records of the sales in Canada that have been audited by a qualified independent auditor.
Marginal note:When records inconsistent
(5) If there is any inconsistency between the certified records and the audited records, the calculation of the annual charge is to be based on whichever records show the higher amount of sales in Canada.
Marginal note:When records not submitted
(6) If the registrant does not submit the records in accordance with subsections (3) and (4), the annual charge that is payable by the registrant is $3,600.
PART 3Repeal and Coming into Force
Coming into Force
- Date modified: