18. No person shall
(a) hunt game unless he is the holder of a general hunting permit; or
(b) assist in hunting game unless he is the spouse, or child under 18 years of age, of the holder of a general hunting permit and is accompanied by the permit holder.
19. No person shall, within a trapping area, hunt fur bearing animals, set traps, skin or prepare or assist in the skinning or preparation of pelts unless
(a) he holds a trapping permit and is named in a certificate of registration for that area or is the spouse, or child under 18 years of age, of the holder of a trapping permit for that area;
(b) he is an assistant, under an agreement entered into pursuant to section 11, of a person who holds a trapping permit and is named in a certificate of registration for that area; or
(c) he is authorized to take or kill fur bearing animals for scientific purposes pursuant to paragraph 56(1)(a) and has notified the holder of the certificate of registration for that area.
20. An application for a general hunting permit, trapping permit or certificate of registration shall
(a) be made on a form supplied by the superintendent; and
(b) contain the information required by the form and any additional information requested by the superintendent.
- SOR/81-357, s. 1;
- SOR/91-420, s. 8.
21. No general hunting permit, trapping permit or certificate of registration is valid unless
(a) it is signed by the person to whom it is issued; and
(b) in the case of a person signing by a mark, the mark is witnessed and the signature of the witness is endorsed thereon.
22. (1) A general hunting permit or trapping permit expires on the expiry date mentioned in the permit, or if no expiry date is mentioned, on the 30th day of June next following its date of issue.
(2) A certificate of registration expires at the end of the fifth permit year following the date of its issue.
23. [Repealed, SOR/91-420, s. 3]
24. (1) The superintendent may refuse to renew a trapping permit and may, notwithstanding section 15, remove the name of the holder of the trapping permit from a certificate of registration if
(a) the holder did not, without reasonable excuse, engage in hunting and trapping fur bearing animals in any year in which the certificate of registration was in effect; and
(b) the superintendent has obtained the written agreement of the group leader or a majority of the group members of that trapping area in respect of which the certificate of registration was issued, as the case may be, for the refusal and removal.
(2) Where a person whose name is removed from a certificate of registration pursuant to subsection (1) was the holder of the certificate, the superintendent shall, if the certificate is issued on behalf of two or more persons, designate one of the other persons named in the certificate to be the holder thereof.
- SOR/87-657, s. 6;
- SOR/91-420, s. 8.
- Date modified: