Place of Grading
7. A dairy product shall be graded only if it was prepared in a registered establishment that at the time of the preparation met the requirements of sections 11 and 11.1.
- SOR/90-244, s. 9(F);
- SOR/92-248, s. 3.
8. and 9. [Repealed, SOR/98-216, s. 4]
Registration of Establishments
10. (1) An application for the registration of an establishment, or for the renewal or amendment of an existing registration, shall be made to the Director, in a form provided by the Agency, accompanied by the applicable fee prescribed by the Canadian Food Inspection Agency Fees Notice, and shall contain the following information:
(a) the name, address, including the postal code, telephone number and, if any, facsimile number of the applicant and of the establishment, where they are different from those of the applicant;
(b) whether it is an application for a new registration or for the renewal or amendment of an existing registration;
(c) the existing registration number, if any;
(d) whether the establishment is owned by an individual, a partnership, a cooperative or a corporation;
(e) the name under which the establishment operates, where the name is different from that of the applicant;
(f) the names and titles of all owners, partners, officers and directors of the establishment; and
(g) an estimate of the volume of milk that the establishment will receive or the quantity of dairy products that the establishment will produce during the 12 months following the date of application.
(2) An application referred to in subsection (1) shall have annexed thereto
(a) plans and specifications for the establishment that shall include
(i) the dimensions and intended uses of the rooms and the positions of doors, windows, stairways and drains,
(ii) descriptions of the lighting, refrigeration, ventilation and plumbing systems,
(iii) descriptions of the types and location of equipment to be used in the establishment,
(iv) descriptions of the materials used in the construction of equipment, floors, walls, ceilings and openings, and
(v) descriptions of the location of the establishment in relation to adjacent buildings, roads, railways, waterways and public utilities; and
(b) a copy of an outline of a sanitation program for the establishment, indicating
(i) the person responsible for carrying out the program,
(ii) the equipment and chemical agents available for use to bring about and maintain clean and sanitary conditions, and
(iii) the measures proposed to be taken to ensure clean and sanitary conditions.
(3) Where an establishment in respect of which an application referred to in subsection (1) is made meets the conditions set out in section 11, the Director shall
(a) register the establishment by entering its name in the register of registered establishments of the Agency and by assigning it a registration number; and
(b) issue a Certificate of Registration to the person operating the establishment.
(4) The operator shall post the Certificate of Registration issued to the operator under subsection (3) in a conspicuous place in the registered establishment for the period during which the Certificate remains in force.
(5) The operator shall not assign or transfer the Certificate of Registration issued in respect of that establishment.
(6) Subject to sections 10.1 and 10.2, a Certificate of Registration is valid until the expiry date stated on the Certificate.
(7) [Repealed, SOR/98-216, s. 5]
- SOR/90-111, s. 4;
- SOR/96-362, s. 1;
- SOR/97-292, s. 16;
- SOR/98-216, s. 5;
- SOR/2000-183, s. 22;
- SOR/2000-184, s. 32;
- SOR/2000-317, s. 5.
- Date modified: