Regulations Respecting Zoning at Vancouver International Airport
P.C. 1980-3235 1980-11-27
His Excellency the Governor General in Council, on the recommendation of the Minister of Transport, pursuant to section 6Footnote * of the Aeronautics Act, is pleased hereby to approve the revocation by the Minister of Transport of the Vancouver International Airport Zoning Regulations, C.R.C., c. 120, and to approve the annexed Regulations respecting zoning at Vancouver International Airport made by the Minister of Transport in substitution therefor.
Return to footnote *as amended by S.C. 1976-77, c. 28, sections 2 and 49
1. These Regulations may be cited as the Vancouver International Airport Zoning Regulations.
2. In these Regulations,
“airport” means Vancouver International Airport, in the Township of Richmond, in the Province of British Columbia; (aéroport)
- “airport reference point”
“airport reference point” means the point described in Part I of the Schedule; (point de repère de l’aéroport)
- “approach surface”
“approach surface” means an imaginary inclined plane extending upward and outward from an end of a strip along and at right angles to the projected centre line of the strip, which approach surface is more particularly described in Part III of the Schedule; (surface d’approche)
“Minister” means the Minister of Transport; (ministre)
- “outer surface”
“outer surface” means an imaginary surface located above and in the immediate vicinity of the airport, which outer surface is more particularly described in Part IV of the Schedule; (surface extérieure)
“strip” means the rectangular portion of the landing area of the airport, including the runway, prepared for the take-off and landing of aircraft in a particular direction, which strip is more particularly described in Part V of the Schedule; (bande)
- “transitional surface”
“transitional surface” means an imaginary inclined plane extending upward and outward from the lateral limits of a strip and its approach surfaces, which transitional surface is more particularly described in Part VI of the Schedule; (surface de transition)
3. For the purposes of these Regulations, the assigned elevation of the airport reference point is two metres above sea level.
4. These Regulations apply to all the lands and lands under water, including public road allowances, adjacent to or in the vicinity of the airport, the outer limits of which lands are described in Part II of the Schedule, but these Regulations do not apply to such lands as from time to time form part of the airport.
5. No person shall erect or construct on any land or land under water to which these Regulations apply any building, structure or object or any addition to any existing building, structure or object, the highest point of which will exceed in elevation at the location of that point any of the surfaces hereinafter set out that project immediately over and above the surface of the land at that location, namely,
(a) the approach surfaces;
(b) the outer surface; or
(c) the transitional surfaces.
- Date modified: