COMPLAINTS AND REPRESENTATIONS
12. (1) A person who is directly affected by the operations of the agency may make a complaint or representation to the Council in relation to those operations.
(2) Where a complaint or representation made pursuant to subsection (1) is not directed to any application, the person making the complaint or representation may do so by delivering to the Secretary a brief written submission signed by him setting out the nature of his complaint or representation.
13. Where the Council determines that a complaint or representation made pursuant to section 12 constitutes an application, a submission or an intervention, it may require the person who made the complaint or representation to comply with the procedure relating to applications, submissions, or interventions, as the case may be.
14. Where, on the basis of a complaint or representation, the Council is satisfied that it is in the public interest to hold a hearing, the Secretary shall notify the person who made the complaint or representation to which the hearing relates and the person against whom it is made of the date and place of the hearing.
15. Where a complaint or representation is made on behalf of a group of persons, the person representing the group at a hearing shall file such evidence of his authority to speak for the group as the Council may require.
REPLY, INTERVENTIONS OR SUBMISSIONS
16. (1) Where a respondent or an intervener intends to oppose or intervene in a proceeding, or wishes to make submissions where there is no application, and a hearing is to be convened by Council under subsection 8(2) of the Act, the respondent or intervener shall file with the Secretary, within the time specified in the notice for filing a reply, intervention or submission, a written statement containing his reply or submission, together with any supporting information or documents.
(2) Every reply, intervention or submission referred to in subsection (1) shall be signed by the party making the reply, intervention or submission or by his agent, and
(a) shall contain a concise statement of the facts from which the nature of the respondent’s or intervener’s interest in the proceeding may be determined;
(b) may admit or deny any or all of the facts alleged by any other party in the proceeding;
(c) shall be divided into consecutively numbered paragraphs each of which shall be confined as nearly as possible to a distinct subject-matter;
(d) shall set out the name, address and telephone number of the respondent or intervener and his agent, if any;
(e) shall be signed by the respondent or intervener or his agent;
(f) shall, where it is signed by the agent of the respondent or intervener, be accompanied by a copy of the document that authorizes the agent to act on behalf of the respondent or intervener;
(g) shall contain a list of any documents that explain or support the reply, intervention or submission;
(h) shall state whether the intervener or respondent wishes to appear; and
(i) shall be filed in triplicate with the Secretary together with a copy of the documents listed in paragraph (g).
(3) A respondent or an intervener shall serve a copy of his intervention or submission on such persons as the Council may specify.
- Date modified: