16. The date on which the checks and tests referred to in section 12 are carried out and the date and details of emergency steering drills carried out pursuant to section 15 shall be recorded in the log book.
RESPONSIBILITY OF OWNERS AND MASTERS
17. (1) The owner of every ship to which sections 3 to 7 apply shall ensure that those sections are complied with.
(2) The master of every ship to which sections 9 to 16 apply shall ensure that those sections are complied with.
18. (1) Where, in respect of a ship to which the International Convention for Safety of Life at Sea signed at London, England on the first day of November, 1974 applies, the owner of the ship or his authorized representative requests authority to substitute equipment or a method, measure or standard that does not meet the requirements of these Regulations and sets out the reasons therefor and the details of the substitution, the Chairman may, if he considers the equipment, method, measure or standard, as the case may be, at least equivalent to that required by compliance with these Regulations, authorize such substitution.
(2) Where an owner or a representative referred to in subsection (1) is authorized to make a substitution pursuant to that subsection, the owner or representative shall be deemed in respect of that substitution to have complied with the provision of these Regulations to which the substitution refers.
- Date modified: