Toronto Island Airport Zoning Regulations
Regulations Respecting Zoning at Toronto Island Airport
P.C. 1985-1805 1985-05-30
Her Excellency the Governor General in Council, on the recommendation of the Minister of Transport, pursuant to section 6Footnote * of the Aeronautics Act, is pleased hereby to approve the annexed Regulations respecting zoning at Toronto Island Airport, made by the Minister of Transport.
Return to footnote *S.C. 1984, c. 40. s. 2
2. (1) In these Regulations,
“airport” means the Toronto Island Airport, at Toronto Island, in the City of Toronto, in the Municipality of Metropolitan Toronto, in the Province of Ontario; (aéroport)
- “airport reference point”
“airport reference point” means the point described in Part I of the schedule; (point de repère de l’aéroport)
- “approach surface”
“approach surface” means an imaginary inclined plane that extends upward and outward from each end of a strip, which approach surface is more particularly described in Part II of the schedule; (surface d’approche)
“Minister” means the Minister of Transport; (ministre)
- “outer surface”
“outer surface” means an imaginary surface located above and in the immediate vicinity of the airport, which outer surface is more particularly described in Part III of the schedule; (surface extérieure)
“strip” means the rectangular portion of the landing area of the airport including the runway prepared for the take-off and landing of aircraft in a particular direction, which strip is more particularly described in Part IV of the schedule; (bande)
- “transitional surface”
“transitional surface” means an imaginary inclined plane that extends upward and outward from the lateral limits of a strip and its approach surfaces, which transitional surface is more particularly described in Part V of the schedule. (surface de transition)
(2) For the purposes of these Regulations, the assigned elevation of the airport reference point is 76 m above sea level.
3. These Regulations apply to all the lands, including public road allowances, adjacent to or in the vicinity of the airport, which lands are more particularly described in Part VI of the schedule.
4. No person shall erect or construct on any land to which these Regulations apply any building, structure or object or any addition to any existing building, structure or object, the highest point of which will exceed in elevation at the location of that point
(a) the approach surface of any strip;
(b) the outer surface; or
(c) the transitional surface.
- Date modified: