87. (1) Subject to sections 88 and 90, no person shall fish for a species of groundfish set out in column I of an item of Schedule XXIII in a Stock Area set out in column II of a subitem of that item from a vessel of a vessel class set out in column III of that subitem during the close time set out in column IV of that subitem.
(2) For the purposes of subsection (1), where a close time set out in column IV of a subitem of Schedule XXIII is in respect of more than one vessel class, that close time is deemed to be fixed in respect of each vessel class referred to in that subitem.
- SOR/89-584, s. 3.
88. [Repealed, SOR/93-16, s. 2]
89. [Repealed, SOR/89-584, s. 5]
90. (1) No person shall fish for groundfish in the waters set out in column I of Schedule XXIV with a type of gear referred to in column II during the close time set out in column III.
(2) [Repealed, SOR/94-45, s. 1]
- SOR/87-468, s. 7;
- SOR/94-45, s. 1;
- SOR/2003-137, s. 11.
Recreational Groundfish Fishing
91. (1) No person shall engage in recreational fishing for groundfish during the close time of January 1 to January 31.
(2) No person shall engage in recreational fishing for groundfish by any means other than by hand-line or by angling.
(2.1) [Repealed, SOR/2006-132, s. 2]
(3) No person engaged in recreational fishing for groundfish shall, in any day, catch and retain more than a quota of ten groundfish of all species in the aggregate, comprising
(a) a total of not more than five cod, haddock and pollock; and
(b) not more than one halibut.
(4) [Repealed, SOR/2006-132, s. 2]
- SOR/91-76, s. 4;
- SOR/93-16, s. 3;
- SOR/93-61, s. 50(F);
- SOR/94-60, s. 3;
- SOR/2001-212, s. 3;
- SOR/2006-132, s. 2.
91.1 and 92. [Repealed, SOR/94-60, s. 3]
92.1 [Repealed, SOR/93-16, s. 4]
Groundfish Gill Nets
93. No person shall fish for groundfish with a gill net that is set in such a manner that the net floats of the net are less than 5 m below the surface of the water at any time.
- SOR/87-468, s. 8(F).
93.1 No person shall leave a groundfish gill net unattended in those portions of Division 4VWX and Subarea 5 that are more than 50 nautical miles from the nearest shore, other than the shore of Sable Island.
- SOR/91-76, s. 7.
- Date modified: