Local Management Agreement
11.1 (1) The definitions in this subsection apply in this section.
“associate” has the same meaning as in subsection 11(1). (liens)
- “local management agreement”
“local management agreement” means an arrangement, contract, understanding or agreement between two or more licensees or their associates that relates, directly or indirectly, to any aspect of the management, administration or operation of two or more stations, at least two of which
(a) broadcast in the same market; or
(b) broadcast in adjacent markets, with each station’s A.M. 5 mV/m contour, F.M. 0.5 mV/m contour or digital service area, as the case may be, overlapping the A.M. 15 mV/m contour, F.M. 3 mV/m contour or digital service area of the other station. (convention de gestion locale)
(2) Except as otherwise provided in subsection (3) or under a condition of its licence, a licensee shall not enter into, or operate its station pursuant to, a local management agreement.
(3) A licensee may operate its station pursuant to a local management agreement that was entered into before March 31, 1999 until December 31, 2001.
- SOR/99-431, s. 1;
- SOR/2008-177, s. 7.
12. This Part applies only to F.M. licensees and digital radio licensees.
- SOR/91-517, s. 3;
- SOR/2008-177, s. 8.
13. [Repealed, SOR/93-358, s. 2]
14. (1) An F.M. licensee or digital radio licensee that is also an A.M. licensee shall not, during the broadcast day, broadcast simultaneously on its F.M. station or digital radio station the same matter that is being broadcast on its A.M. station if any part of the F.M. station’s 3 mV/m contour or the digital radio station’s digital service area overlaps with any part of the A.M. station’s daytime 15 mV/m contour.
(2) Notwithstanding subsection (1), a licensee may broadcast simultaneously if the simultaneous broadcasting is authorized pursuant to a condition of the licensee’s licence or if the broadcast consists of a special live program that includes commentary that is an integral part of the program and relates to
(a) a royal or vice-regal address, including a speech from the throne;
(b) an address by the Prime Minister of Canada or the first minister of a province;
(c) the results of a federal, provincial or municipal election or referendum;
(d) a federal, provincial or municipal budget; or
(e) an announcement of an emergency situation or disaster as issued by a police department, fire department or any organization designated by a federal, provincial or municipal government as being responsible for the coordination of emergency relief.
(3) Notwithstanding subsection (1), a licensee may broadcast simultaneously for a maximum of 42 hours during any broadcast week.
- SOR/91-517, s. 3;
- SOR/96-324, s. 4;
- SOR/98-597, s. 4(F);
- SOR/2008-177, s. 9.
- Date modified: